Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 12:10 PM  

Delaware
Such a simple post that means so much! Capone's is definitely awesome. If you're around Norristown on Black Friday, stop in for his AWESOME tap list!! Local44, South Philly Tap, POPE, etc. Really there are way too many places to name (let alone visit). Now if we could get the PLCB to go away...

Old 11-22-2010, 03:43 PM  

southampton, pa
Who misses schmidts

Old 11-22-2010, 03:57 PM  

I do not miss Schmidts.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:58 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanPA View Post
Uhhh, yeah. While it is usually easy to find the good beer spots in the city, what is really cool to see are the beer bars popping up out in the burbs and even further out here in the country. For example, Capone's in Norristown, TJ's in Paoli, Pinnocchio's in Media and one of my fav's The Whip Tavern in Cochranville.
+1. The Pourhouse in Westmont NJ is great and just a few minutes from philly via PATCO. Blue Monkey Tavern is also stellar.

I'm keeping a list of beer establishments in the US. Currently covering L.A., S.F., Philly, and NYC

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?...1cEhPbGc&hl=en
Old 11-22-2010, 05:51 PM  

Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania
keep listing your favorite beer spots, always looking to try somewhere new.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:57 PM  

Seoul
POPE and the Taproom are both great places, but hands down the best spot to drink in Philly (for microbrews, at least) is the Devil's Den on 11th and Ellsworth. During happy hour it's half off every draft - and they have about 15. Every time a keg kicks a new one goes up and it's all fantastic beer.

Another place to check out is Bridgid's in the Art Museum area. They have a gravity tap and usually one of the founder's ales is on it.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:56 PM  

PA
Capone's is awesome... great draft list that is constantly being updated and an excellent bottle shop.

Iron Abbey in Horsham also has top notch selection.

If you're into the beer scene you definitely want to sign up for the Philly Beer Week email list. They have some year round events, but you definitely want to know about the beer week events in advance!
Old 11-22-2010, 08:39 PM  
Beer.

none
Don't forget about Craft

Craft Ale House in Limerick is a place that I frequent. Great food and beer selection. If you haven't been I recommend paying a visit. I also occasionally go to the Union Jack's Olde Congo Hotel. They are particulary good when running a Russian River event. If you go, order the hot wings with a side of suicide sauce.

-Byz
Old 11-22-2010, 10:09 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
South Philly Tap Room, Dock Street Beer, and Standard Tap are all great places to grab a brew
Old 11-23-2010, 04:44 AM  

Garnet Valley, Pennsylvania
looks like I am over due for a philly trip.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads