Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-10-2010, 12:19 PM  

philadelphia, pa
Philadelphia Playgrounds.

I have a two and four year old. Our favorite playgrounds are Smith Playhouse in Fairmount Park. Close to home we like Jenks, Allens Lane, and the Water Tower (all in Mt. Airy and Chestnut Hill).

What are your faves? Are there any good indoor places?

Old 12-15-2010, 09:53 AM  

Philadelphia, PA
In my experience there are not a lot of indoor/winter activities for kids that don't cost something.

A membership to the Please Touch museum is pretty economical. I have a 1 1/2 and a 4 year old as well, who are pretty active and we have problems finding things to occupy them through the winter months.

In the summer, there is a splashy park in South Philadelphia that the kids love: Herron Park sprayground

Old 12-28-2010, 07:15 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
my family LOVES Smith playhouse! Smith Kids’ Play Place in the Park I have a son (5) and daughter (3)...we have been going since my son was able to walk. the indoor house is currently being remolded (much needed) the outdoor playground is second to none. lots of very cool, unique pieces of modern playground equipment. the centerpiece is the giant wooden slide (think bowling alley set at a 20 degree angle) that kids ride down on potato sacks. This has been a Smith Playhouse fixture since its opening in the late 1800's. there are cool historical pictures in the playhouse. I HIGHLY recommend! it is free (but donations are accepted). It is just down from Philadelphia zoo and the please touch museum.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.