Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-01-2011, 06:50 AM  

Newtown, PA
Victory in Downingtown definitely tops the list of the area?s pure brewpubs. Any of the Iron Hill locations throughout the area are also top notch.

Old 02-04-2011, 09:11 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhillyUnion2010 View Post
Victory in Downingtown definitely tops the list of the area?s pure brewpubs. Any of the Iron Hill locations throughout the area are also top notch.
I agree

Old 02-16-2011, 06:30 AM  

Victory is a very solid choice. I love their beers
Old 03-16-2011, 06:21 PM  

+1 on Iron Hill
Old 05-22-2011, 02:05 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
I've never eaten at Yards, in Philly, but I've been there and had a few beers more than once, and it's good stuff...tours on the weekend.

And I definitely concur about Iron Hill--consistently good stuff, both beer & food.

Just curious--how are we defining 'brewpub'? Are they required to make their own beer (and sell food), or simply sell beer that's better than BMC?
Old 06-01-2011, 08:50 AM  

Philly, PA
Has anyone been to the Appalachian Brewery that just opened in Collegeville, PA? They are originally out of Harrisburg and have a few other Brew Pubs.
Old 06-19-2011, 11:05 AM  

When in the Philly area, we always make a side trip to Victory - always something interesting to eat and drink. Sly Fox occasionally hits it right with a good food/beer combo, but IMHO their food tends to be better than their beer. Have only eaten at Iron Hill in West Chester twice: service, food, and beer mediocre. In Adamstown, Stoudt's filet and Fat Dog draft are an excellent combination, while Union Barrel works in Reamstown sometimes has an excellent Begium trippel on tap, as well as great scallops.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads