Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2010, 09:45 AM  

Anderson, Indiana
Visiting the Philadelphia area

Ill be visiting the Philadelphia area for work in the next couple weeks and ill have some down time. where should i spend my free time?

Old 12-27-2010, 08:04 PM  

Warminster, PA
A lot of options.

Not knowing what part of the area you'll be in, I recommend visiting Old City where Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Ben Franklin's house, etc. are. It is a very nice part of the city and a must see if you've never been. Very cool history here. Valley Forge Park is another good one outside of the city and easy to get to.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:32 PM  

Philadelphia, PA
The tourist hot-spots are easy: old city for history (independance hall, liberty bell, constitution center, carpenters hall, betsy ross house, etc) art museum to run up the steps like a fool...err...Rocky, museums are nice (philly art museum, Franklin Institute, etc). If you have young kids with you try the please touch museum.

restaurants: I personally like Alma de Cuba (cuban food), Davios (italian steakhouse with LOTS more...get the cheese steak spring rolls...everyone does. seems odd in a high-end restaurant, but they are good, devon seafood, Tinto (tapas type restaurant...get the Octopus). Monks Cafe if you like belgian beer...decor is not great, but the food and beer make up for it.

lots more, but that should get you started.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Philadelphia
Bookmark this Page!