Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 12:58 PM  

Phoenix, AZ
4x4 Trails?

What good trails are out there. I've found a few but not much more than a dirt road..

Where do you guys go?

Old 12-03-2010, 02:40 PM  

Tempe, AZ
Backcountry Adventures: Arizona, a book by Massey & Wilson is a GREAT resource. It includes maps, trail difficulty ratings, and lots of great information on each trail.

Old 12-03-2010, 02:45 PM  

Tempe, AZ
When I had one, the Arizona Land Rover Owner's Group was also really good local resource for trails.
Old 12-06-2010, 08:14 AM  

Phoenix, AZ
Cool, thanks man, I'll check these out
Old 12-08-2010, 02:07 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
if you look at the prescott national forest website they have a map of their OHV area and it has all the trails. i may have posted it somwhere on here...best thing to do is talk to a jeep club. or land rover, land cruiser club. really any 4x4 club
Old 12-19-2010, 12:08 PM  

Phoenix, Arizona
Table Mesa is a great place to offroad, you can find anything from dirt road to exteme rock crawling and its only 15 minutes from the north end of town.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 AM  
Been Around

Springfield, SD
I've got a mining claim by 93 & 97. Burro Creek Road runs through the claim. The map shows a trail coming out near wikieup. The trail gets smaller & smaller and rougher & rougher until, finally I had to turn my wk back. It just was a rock laden wash and would have been too much effort. A smaller higher jeep would have made it with no problem.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:06 AM  

San Tan Valley, Arizona
I've gone about halfway through Bulldog Canyon by Apache Junction. I really enjoyed it.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:07 AM  

San Tan Valley, Arizona
You need a permit to be in there. It's free and you can get one at the Mesa Tonto National Forest office.
Old 01-13-2011, 02:13 AM  

Mesa, Arizona
Back way to Crown King is a great scenic trail with a few optional obstacles. It's not the hardest trail but it's great for anyone from a minor lift and tires to more built full bodied rigs. I've ran the trail twice and had a blast both times. It can be an all day event if you live on the East side and go with a larger group. Last time I went I was with a group of about 12, left my house at 5:30am and didn't get home till about 7pm. Crown King is at the end of the run and there's a very little town with a restaurant to grab lunch/dinner and a drink or two. Last time I went there was snow at the top of the trail and in the town. Usually VirtualJeepClub.com has a run on that trail once a month if anyone is interested in going.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!