Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-23-2010, 03:06 PM  

Local Music Venues

So the local music scene is hit or miss here, and to me it has more to do with the venue than the bands. What's your favorite place to see a local band, and which places do you avoid?

I enjoy:

The Hollywood Alley (Baseline and Loop 101) - This place has a sound guy that knows his stuff. Every seat has a good view and the place isn't full of college bros. Some of the best local shows I've ever seen were hosted here. (Anyone remember Attack of the Giant Squid?)

Yucca Tap Room (Mill and Southern Ave) - Always no cover and usually groovy bands. Cheap drinks too! Sound is acceptable as well.

I Avoid:

The Clubhouse (Broadway and Dorsey) - This place is a dive, but not the good kind like you like. Full of under-agers, they placed the Over 21 section in the back with an obstructed view of the stage, nothing decent at the bar nor the prices, and the sound is always horrible. Nuff Said.

The Nile Theatre in Mesa- Recently re-opened. A place I used to frequent in high school until it closed, this place has great potiental, a large stage and audience area, a sound booth with a huge soundboard, screens/projectors etc. Unfortunately the sound board doesn't do much good since they don't know how to use it, and they don't serve alcohol. To be fair, they do cater to all ages shows and when I was a kid I didn't know any better about sound etc. anyways. If you're under 18 you probly would like this place

How about you guys?

Old 12-27-2010, 11:45 AM  

Phoenix
The compound

Being a little older, the Tempe music scene is usually not my first choice. I like to hit the Compound in Scottsdale. It is a restaurant with a stage. They usually have 3-4 acts per night, and really good food at an acceptable price.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.