Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-04-2010, 04:21 PM  

Maricopa, Az Formerly: Wilkes-Barre, Pa
Maricopa, Arizona

Hey all,
I'm a resident of Maricopa, probably the most controversial city in the state that most phoenix residents have some incorrect info on. If your looking for any info on this city post your questions here.

Old 10-06-2010, 02:18 PM  

Also, since a lot of off roaders are finding there way here, give a search of "maricopa 4x4" on facebook. We have a good group of people that meet up for some beers at native new yorker the second Sunday of each month. We try to have at least one group trip a month. Join the group on facebook and stop in for a meeting, we don't bite.

We are not a club, no dues, no officers, no bullcrap. just friends that enjoy responsible wheeling.

Old 11-16-2010, 02:05 PM  

Maricopa, Arizona
Hi Scout,

I've lived in Maricopa for almost 8 years and recently joined the forum. I have been looking for other shooting enthusiasts interested in possibly forming a Gun Club in the area.

How strenuous are your 4 wheeling trips, are street legal 4WD's able to make the trips?
I'd love to take in some of the scenery off of HWY 238.
Old 11-17-2010, 07:20 AM  

Our 4x4 trips vary, most are simple. We really have something for everyone, one person even brings their Subaru forester on the trips. Others are more challenging, but all the trips are optional.

Check out maricopa360.com if you are looking for some more local info, there are a good amount of gun enthusiasts on there.
Old 11-18-2010, 12:19 PM  

Maricopa, Arizona
Thanks, Scout, maybe I'll see you at Native and try one of the trips. Guess I just missed this months meeting.
Old 11-18-2010, 07:19 PM  

Maricopa, AZ
Well holy cow, I live in 'copa and Havent been wheeling in some time, I sold my locked, lifted buggyspring equipped YJ rig but I could borrow a jeep for a weekend outing. any info on doing some shooting as well?
Old 11-19-2010, 07:05 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by azvoiceman View Post
Thanks, Scout, maybe I'll see you at Native and try one of the trips. Guess I just missed this months meeting.
search for "maricopa 4x4" on facebook to keep up on the latest. the last meeting did just pass, but we do it every month. Don't expect much out of the meetings. we have no dues, no officers and none of that other junk that makes clubs a pain.
Old 11-19-2010, 03:19 PM  

Maricopa, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by azscoob View Post
Well holy cow, I live in 'copa and Havent been wheeling in some time, I sold my locked, lifted buggyspring equipped YJ rig but I could borrow a jeep for a weekend outing. any info on doing some shooting as well?
I go out on 238 to some public land a couple of times a month, it's close safe and rarely anyone else around. Driving down to the range in Casa Grande got to be a real pain.

I've just heard there are some other shooters on "Maricopa360", I'm going to check it out in hopes of forming some sort of shooting group or club.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:25 AM  

Maricopa, AZ
Excellent! I think I know where that spot is! I might have to get out there! the tripto Casa Grande is a pain, I drove down there only to find the lanes were full, I hung out for an hour but it seemed that everyone was bunkered down for a while.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads