Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-21-2012, 06:26 AM  

What happened to City North?

I moved away from Phoenix several years ago, I was just wondering what ever became of City North, (east of desert ridge)

Old 06-13-2012, 05:54 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeux View Post
I moved away from Phoenix several years ago, I was just wondering what ever became of City North, (east of desert ridge)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Just "googled" it and here's a couple links for you to peruse.....
they are doing this sorta' thing in other areas of the country......
first saw it on a smaller scale in Myrtle Beach, SC....
have a Bro. living in Surprise, AZ (suburb of Phoenix) and thought I'd take a look....sounds like they're having their troubles...

Supreme Court and CityNorth
===============================================
http://www.weknowurban.com/Phoenix/CityNorth/

Quote:
CityNorth

5315 E High Street, Phoenix, AZ, 85054
Located in Desert Ridge, across from the JW Marriott on the south west corner of 56th Street and Deer Valley Road (just east and behind Desert Ridge MarketPlace). The developers of CityNorth are attempting to create a new city within a city in Phoenix's Northeast Valley. This place is HUGE with over 5 million square feet of mixed use space. To put that in perspective, Phase 1 of CityNorth will be approximately four times larger than Kierland Commons!
When we say mixed use we mean tons of restaurants, boutiques, major shopping icons like Nordstrom's and Bloomingdale's, office space, ultimately two hotels, cultural and civic events, and many many condominiums and lofts all in a very pedestrian friendly setting.
CityNorth is surrounded by some of the strongest housing growth in the country and the highest incomes in Phoenix. It offers unparalleled access. And, it is entitled with the highest density and widest range of uses outside of downtown Phoenix.
As with the retail and dining components, CityNorth offers an array of urban residential options integrated with the project's other uses. Townhomes, luxury highrise condominiums and "in-town" apartments above retail shops and restaurants are all in the mix.
=============================================
http://www.azcentral.com/community/nephoenix/articles/2012/02/07/20120207phoenix-citynorth-more-tenants.html
=============================================
http://www.wexzilla.com/city-center-city-north-desert-ridge-phoenix-az/

----------------------------------------------------
Arizona ghost towns CityNorth Phoenix

Quote:
Opened in Nov. 2008, City Center at CityNorth has become a ghost town. On January 20, 2012, around 2 p.m., weather in the 70s, few, if any, were in the mall. Cars lined the street, but it was like an old Rod Serling Twilight Zone, Night Gallery where everyone is gone but the guy at the library who broke his glasses and couldn't read.

Farmers Market at City North Desert Ridge Phoenix Arizona

CityNorth Party for Arizona Foothills Magazine

CityNorth Residences on High Street Virtual Walk-Thru

Old 06-13-2012, 04:43 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
They keep trying to do the same kind of concept up here, but most fail.

Not being a huge fan of this kind of urban development, I'm not surprised it's a bit of a ghost town. Urban renewal on the other hand tends to actually draw a crow, at least in Montreal.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads