Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login

Old 12-12-2011, 01:49 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
What TV Antenna works good in Peoria AZ?

Due to the economy we had to do some expense cutting and we got rid of our cable TV quite a while back. Most of our TV watching was local stations anyway. We just got a new big screen HDTV and still don't have cable. We can't get channel 12 at all on the new TV, and barely got it with the old TV, and only by moving the antenna around. We are using the same RCA, flat plate type, indoor antenna we bought about a year ago that cost about $50. I'm not sure if the Home Owners Association will allow outside antennas. So I would rather not get that kind.
We are thinking of buying either a better indoor antenna or one that goes in the attic. I have looked at a lot of reviews on various antennas,and it seems that one that is excellent in one city is junk in another. Does anyone use an antenna for their HDTV in the Peoria AZ area (prefer around west loop 101 and Thunderbird) that gets good reception? Any brand recommendations? I would rather keep the price around $100 or less.
Thanks.

Old 12-12-2011, 09:23 PM  
MRB

Sacramento, California
I'm not sure if there is HD broadcast where you are but if there is this should work well and can be mounted in the attic.

Winegard FreeVision Indoor Outdoor TV Antenna, Ultra-Compact UHF/VHF TV Antenna

Airwave broadcast of HDTV in not compressed and should be real good picture and sound once you get the antenna aimed correct.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:38 AM  

I have a power antenna booster connected to my regular antenna and pick up all kinds of HDTV channels throughout Arizona.
Old 12-14-2011, 01:13 AM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
I haven't heard of the best brand. Only that they need to be pointed to South Mountain.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:27 AM  

I aim my antenna towards Phoenix, which is S/E from where I am.
Old 12-14-2011, 09:01 AM  
fustrated genius

I find that the best one is not an antenna but a satelite dish from Direct TV where I'm at

but the best internet service is WildBlue also using a satelite dish
Old 12-30-2011, 10:11 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
UPDATE
I went with the Winegard FV-HD30 like MRB posted. I bought it at Amazon for about $35. I used my current electric signal enhancer that came with my RCA plate antenna to enhance the signal strength. It works very well with the combination of enhancer and FV-HD30. And that is mounted indoors on top of the plant shelf. I had to rotate it around a few times to get the best signal. The antenna is pretty small (a little over a foot square) and hides behind a wicker basket on top of the plant shelf. I not only get channel 12 now, I also get 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and a couple of channel 8s that I couldn't get before. I still don't get one of the channel 51s, but that's fine. All the other channels are very clear.
Thanks MRB. It was well worth the $35.
Old 12-30-2011, 11:03 AM  

I personally like the 8.1, 8.2, 8.3, 8.4 which is from Arizona University. Lots of building and home repair shows on 8.2.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!