Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2010, 03:43 PM  

Phoenix, Arizona
Where do you fish

Where are your favorite places to fish? In and around town or elsewhere in this great state.

Old 10-28-2010, 10:15 AM  

phoenix, az
I never went fishing, I want to get the boys involved and want to learn the art myself. basics, bait hook and throw, but I want to know what to do if and when I catch a fish, how to filet it etc....

Old 10-28-2010, 11:42 AM  
TOF

Purchase a map and look for blue spots. The Urban Lakes are a good starting point for those with no or little experience.

You don't learn how to fish and hunt till you simply do it. Don't over examine the issue just go out make a few mistakes and have fun in the process.
Old 10-29-2010, 08:10 AM  

phoenix, az
Will do thanks for the advise.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:37 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
hey jimmy, do you have an idea of what type of fishing you are wanting to do?

i personally like to go for trout. 99% of the time if you catch me fishing (which i love to do) i will be fly fishing. which basically breaks into two catagories. theres dry flies which would be the typical image you would think of. a guy in a river with the brightly colored line casting it all funky swinging it back and forth. and then there are wet flies which from what ive seen, well. ive never really seen anyone else doing it. its easy and ive had great luck doing it...

i usually go up to knoll lake on the mogollon rim, thats my favorite lake. or sometimes if dry fly fishing there are a few small creeks like christopher creek. i want to make it to lees ferry for that though. also the little colorado is nice for dry flies. its over in the showlow/greer area. any of the lakes in the white mountains are great. big lake especially. just be careful when checking them out cause its easy to find yourself on the reservation and you will need permits to fish there.

oh also. if i cant make it out of town and i really want to fish. rio vista park isnt to bad to just kick back and relax and cast a line out.
Old 11-02-2010, 10:29 AM  

phoenix, az
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
hey jimmy, do you have an idea of what type of fishing you are wanting to do?

i personally like to go for trout. 99% of the time if you catch me fishing (which i love to do) i will be fly fishing. which basically breaks into two catagories. theres dry flies which would be the typical image you would think of. a guy in a river with the brightly colored line casting it all funky swinging it back and forth. and then there are wet flies which from what ive seen, well. ive never really seen anyone else doing it. its easy and ive had great luck doing it...

i usually go up to knoll lake on the mogollon rim, thats my favorite lake. or sometimes if dry fly fishing there are a few small creeks like christopher creek. i want to make it to lees ferry for that though. also the little colorado is nice for dry flies. its over in the showlow/greer area. any of the lakes in the white mountains are great. big lake especially. just be careful when checking them out cause its easy to find yourself on the reservation and you will need permits to fish there.

oh also. if i cant make it out of town and i really want to fish. rio vista park isnt to bad to just kick back and relax and cast a line out.
Not sure as to what kind I want to do, just want to do it and get the experience, I wan tto teach the kids things I did not learn. I learned to work on cars and bikes, that is it. I want them to have my brain plus there own.
Old 11-02-2010, 11:26 AM  
Vykyng!!! Nordic Warriors

Peoria, Arizona
well my uncle, who is a pro fisherman, ruined it for me and my cousins when we were little. all we could do there was fish. fish, fish, fish, fish. blah blah blah. every conversation was about fishing. so now we all hate fishing! hahaha but my 15 year old son is a big outdoorsman and loves fishing and hunting. so he always goes with his friends. they go to lake pleasant all the time. not me though. still hate it!
Old 11-02-2010, 04:38 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmydiablo View Post
Not sure as to what kind I want to do, just want to do it and get the experience, I wan tto teach the kids things I did not learn. I learned to work on cars and bikes, that is it. I want them to have my brain plus there own.
well im always looking to get people into fishing! i got my best friend into it and now hes hooked (no pun intended) maybe if we find the time we could meet up at rio vista park at 99th and thunderbird and i could teach you the basics, the knots i use, flies, casting how to set up the pole etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by udo4accept View Post
well my uncle, who is a pro fisherman, ruined it for me and my cousins when we were little. all we could do there was fish. fish, fish, fish, fish. blah blah blah. every conversation was about fishing. so now we all hate fishing! hahaha but my 15 year old son is a big outdoorsman and loves fishing and hunting. so he always goes with his friends. they go to lake pleasant all the time. not me though. still hate it!
i hate fishing at lake pleasant but i love fishing. ive just made to many trips there and caught nothing. and IMO its really not that pretty. i like mountain lakes...
Old 11-03-2010, 10:51 AM  
Vykyng!!! Nordic Warriors

Peoria, Arizona
i have to agree with you there eagle. my son doesn't like it much either. that's where his friends dad takes them. in a couple of weeks my son will have his license so i imagine he'll be driving all over the place to fish in different places.
Old 11-03-2010, 10:02 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by udo4accept View Post
i have to agree with you there eagle. my son doesn't like it much either. that's where his friends dad takes them. in a couple of weeks my son will have his license so i imagine he'll be driving all over the place to fish in different places.
yea i guess its a good lake for boating. other than that im not to much of a fan. the lakes up in the mountains are so much prettier and peaceful. pleasant like havasu is a party lake. and im just not into that anymore...first thing i did when i got my license was take a day trip up to knoll in my sisters v6 mustang lol

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.