Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login

Old 11-08-2010, 11:26 AM  

phoenix, az
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
well im always looking to get people into fishing! i got my best friend into it and now hes hooked (no pun intended) maybe if we find the time we could meet up at rio vista park at 99th and thunderbird and i could teach you the basics, the knots i use, flies, casting how to set up the pole etc.
That would be great.

Old 11-09-2010, 11:32 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
yea ill have to check if i have an urban license. i usually get them..not sure if i paid extra this year. it would be perfect though cause this time of year they can stock trout cause its cooler out.

Old 11-17-2010, 03:29 AM  
AZ Resident

Surprise, Arizona
Lake Powell for a real getaway.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:06 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by wild View Post
Lake Powell for a real getaway.
lake powell? how remote is that? ive never been. for a get away. seclusion and solitude. i would suggest knoll lake on the mogollon rim. or the white mountains have tons of little lakes on and off the reservation that have amazing trout fishing. not sure as to how secluded it is but lees ferry is supposed to be one of the best fly fishing spots in the south west.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM  

Peoria, AZ
I normally go up to woods canyon, use a drop sinker, with power bait and enjoy =) great seculded area no water skiers nice place to go to get out of phoenix.
Old 11-23-2010, 01:23 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
woods canyon is nice, i think i saw my first bald eagle there...i prefer to drive 25 miles down 300 to knoll though. alot more secluded then woods canyon and in my opinion prettier.

what kind of powerbait do you usually use? i think i have sherbert. a green one and a purple one with crushed nymphs in it. and it never gets used unless the kids are along.
i love good ole flys.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:12 PM  

Tempe, Az
Urban Lakes are stocked with Trout every Two weeks in winter and Catfish in summer. In the summer it great to get away to the Rim Country Lakes for cooler weather, camping and great fishing. All these areas are family friendly.
Old 11-25-2010, 12:14 PM  

Tempe, Az
If you are a real Adventurist, try going down into the Canyons for trout.
Old 11-26-2010, 02:12 AM  

Peoria, Arizona
ha, im the adventurous/backpacking type. i want to get out to the blue mountains. there is supposed to be some really remote country and little creeks packed with trout up there. on the rim i usually stick to knoll. never really gone up with anyone willing to get off the beaten path.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:10 AM  

Horton creek

Horton and Tonto creeks are great places to fish casually and camp. There are never any people up there and its really clean and you can hike up to the spring and get fresh clean water. Good trout in the river that are completely natural, so if we catch lil guys we carefully put them back.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!