Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-26-2010, 06:06 PM  

Tempe, Az
Bldeagle10, If your talking about the Blue Ridge Primitive Area by the New Mexico state line, beware of high concentration of Bear in that area. Good fishing, but lots of Bear.

Old 11-27-2010, 04:42 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
yes just south east of the apache reservation. always wanted to go out there. thanks for the bear tip. guess ill have to practice some good bear safety for the first time. should be interesting.

Old 11-27-2010, 08:00 PM  

Pinetop-Lakeside, Arizona
Quote:
Originally Posted by bldeagle10 View Post
ha, im the adventurous/backpacking type. i want to get out to the blue mountains. there is supposed to be some really remote country and little creeks packed with trout up there. on the rim i usually stick to knoll. never really gone up with anyone willing to get off the beaten path.
Some of the streams are either closed to fishing due to native trout restoration projects, or have been impacted by recent fires....

But yes, some are packed full of trout.

Chitty Creek got blown out after the recent fire, so I wouldn't waste any time there.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:09 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
thanks for the advice, maybe next spring i can get up there and check it out. spend a week poking around.
Old 12-08-2010, 01:41 PM  

Phoenix, Arizona
I fish at a stocked lake in the Red Mountain area out in east Mesa between work and soccer. If I'm "going fishing" I'll find a quiet mountain lake outside of the city.
Old 12-19-2010, 12:05 PM  

Phoenix, Arizona
My wife and I wanted to get into fly fishing but had never done it, so we went up to lees ferry and got a guide for the day thought marble canyon outfitters...best decision we ever made. They were very helpful and taught us the basics needed to get started in the sport. Lees Ferry is also a great place to to fish, the deep canyons are beautiful.
Old 12-19-2010, 10:53 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
ive always wanted to go to lees ferry. how much was the outfitter? ive got the basics down but it would be nice to be guided around my first time
Old 12-21-2010, 07:32 AM  

Tucson, Arizona
I really enjoy Bear Canyon on the rim. I fish the back side of the lake and camp in the primitive camping spots. I've always done great at that lake, sometimes the catch isn't all that big, but it's peaceful (unless there's a troop camping there, then it's really annoying) and I always come out with 3-6 pan sized trout per day.
Old 12-21-2010, 11:38 PM  

Peoria, Arizona
ive fished at bear canyon a few times. never with any luck. regardless its not about catching the fish for me, its just nice to get out. only time i can stop myself from overthinking. that and when im racing/driving.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Arizona > Phoenix
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.