Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > Photography Display
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2011, 04:49 PM  
fustrated genius

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum

Inspired by the "Birds" and "Flowers & trees" threads, I thought I'd start another of wild life. Post em up, love to see em. (the snake pic, to show you how close he is, the upper rt corner shows concrete, THAT's MY HOUSE!)
WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-hualapai-cabin-2011-171.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-hualapai-cabin-2011-336.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-hualapai-cabin-2011-340.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-hualapai-cabin-2011-342.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-hualapai-cabin-2011-371.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-hualapai-cabin-2011-378.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-mohaverattlesnake005.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-topock-peach-spings-073.jpg 

Old 06-10-2011, 06:28 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
with those ears I'm surprised your deer can't fly. What preys on deer down your way?

Old 06-10-2011, 07:02 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
with those ears I'm surprised your deer can't fly. What preys on deer down your way?
Puma . . . known as Mountain Lion in your neck o the woods and the deadliest animal on earth . .human

road runners will take out a rattlesnake and also King snakes will.

they used to have Burro BBQ's over at Oatman, (don't think they do anymore) ever heard of a "BURRITO"? little donkey.
Old 06-11-2011, 08:38 AM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Inspired by the "Birds" and "Flowers & trees" threads, I thought I'd start another of wild life. Post em up, love to see em.
Brilliant idea!
I know I have a few, just don't know where they are right now
Old 06-11-2011, 11:40 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Puma . . . known as Mountain Lion in your neck o the woods and the deadliest animal on earth . .human

road runners will take out a rattlesnake and also King snakes will.

they used to have Burro BBQ's over at Oatman, (don't think they do anymore) ever heard of a "BURRITO"? little donkey.
They ate burros? I knew it meant little donkey and that's a part of why I never tried one. Do Mexican wolves or coyotes play a part in deer predation?

Sorry for the naive questions but your flora & fauna are new to me. I wondered if road runners also ate snakes.

We have a mountain lion living in one of our town parks. He's past juvenile stage now so it's unlikely he might attack anyone. Hood River gets upset about cougars on their sidewalks at night but they're adjusting.
Old 06-11-2011, 12:34 PM  
fustrated genius

Quote:
Originally Posted by blucher View Post
They ate burros? I knew it meant little donkey and that's a part of why I never tried one. Do Mexican wolves or coyotes play a part in deer predation?

Sorry for the naive questions but your flora & fauna are new to me. I wondered if road runners also ate snakes.

We have a mountain lion living in one of our town parks. He's past juvenile stage now so it's unlikely he might attack anyone. Hood River gets upset about cougars on their sidewalks at night but they're adjusting.
You never ate a burrito? We called them tacos too. Most are BEEF or CHICKEN!! Yeah, BBQ'd burro's not bad, or bison too. I just like cow, chicken, venison, elk and pescado myself.

The Mexican wolves are more to the east and south. I may be wrong on that too. Few are here if any. Coyotes eat more smaller game or scavage.
Old 06-11-2011, 03:48 PM  

Sammamish, WA
Young deer, native marmot, Olympic National Forest, and cottontail that munches on our lawn.
WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-2009-hurricane-ridge-hike3-070.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-2009-hurricane-ridge-hike3-059.jpg 

WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-hoppy2009.jpg 

Old 06-11-2011, 03:58 PM  
fustrated genius

Excellent!! Ha! I've been trying to get one of these scuwooy jack wabbits here but they won't cooperate. Neither will the chipmonks!

I GOT THE LITTLE WASCAL!!! Jack Wabbit right outside my door just a few mins ago.
WILDLIFE pics . . . post em if ya gottum-jackrabbit-013.jpg 

Old 06-11-2011, 04:50 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHood View Post
Excellent!! Ha! I've been trying to get one of these jack rabbits here but they won't cooperate. Neither will the chipmonks!

I GOT THE LITTLE RASCAL!!! Jack rabbit right outside my door just afew mins ago.
I had to come up with a way to keep my garden safe from the Godzilla bunnies that grow fat in suburbia. The first two I dropped drew evil looks from my more citified neighbors so I adjusted.
The bathroom overlooked the garden and was surrounded by 36 in. high chicken wire. The wabbits were so large & strong the big ones cleared it in an almost effortless jump. Once inside the garden they were all but invisible except to me. A .22 short or CB cap in the head from an all but shut window and no more evil looks. I think the toll was over 40 the first year and about 30 the 2nd year.

Plant a few carrots and leafy stuff near your house and wait for brer bunny.

Quote:
You never ate a burrito? We called them tacos too. Most are BEEF or CHICKEN!! Yeah, BBQ'd burro's not bad, or bison too. I just like cow, chicken, venison, elk and pescado myself.
Tacos I love but the burritos here don't look like tacos. Bear is delicious but too chewy. Bison was okay but way too expensive. No chance to try elk or moose yet but I own a .338 Win Mag Browning I think might change that someday. No sense in killing something I can't freeze.

Any of those pescado crappies? I prefer them even to trout.

If my Argentine friends ever move here I fully expect a education on hispanic cooking but I'll need to teach the daughter how to cook it. Mom was working 3 jobs when we met so she isn't hot on domestic chores.

In our conversations I learned you can't let your cat outside in Buenos Aires or it will be stolen. Cats are in huge demand because of the hantavirus.

HCPS due to the Andes virus infection, has a case fatality percentage of about 25?35% in Argentina[1] and of 37% in Chile.[2] ANDV, lineage ANDV-Sout, is the only hantavirus for which a person-to-person transmission has been described.[3][4][5] Several ANDV strains are co-circulating in Argentina, e.g. Bermejo, Lechiguanas, Maciel, Oran and Pergamino[6], whereas HCPS cases were also reported in Bolivia, Brazil, Paraguay and Uruguay. Only for Chile and Argentina can they be strictly associated with ANDV.
In Argentina and Chile, the long-tailed rice rat, Oligoryzomys longicaudatus, and other species of the genus Oligoryzomys represent the reservoir for ANDV.[7][8][9] Another unique characteristic of ANDV is the availability of an animal model. ANDV causes lethal disease in the Syrian Hamster that closely models the course of disease progression in humans, including a rapid progression from first symptoms to death, including fluid in the pleural cavity and the histopathology of the lungs and spleen.[10] Lethality of ANDV in hamsters is not true of all HCPS viruses, as challenge with Sin Nombre virus shows no symptoms of disease.[10] The availability of this model allows for the study of various drugs and other treatments that may have an impact on the treatment of all HCPS-causing hantavirus infections.

I'm presently feeding 14 cats and an unknown number of kittens from 3 feral mothers. BA has 13 million cat loving occupants so I think I see a market.
Old 06-11-2011, 06:18 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
I need to get a picture of our elusive fox, the scavenging racoons, and the bears that we keep in a pit in the back yard.

This may take a few days

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General City Forum > Photography Display
Bookmark this Page!