Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2010, 09:58 AM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I will look into T.R.U.B - could be a fun group. I know when I do 5k's I often bring my homebrew in a keg and share some with fellow runners.

Old 12-10-2010, 12:31 PM  

philadelphia, pa
It's easier just to homebrew. You can be up and running with $70 in equipment and brew great beer for about $8 a case.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:01 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
I totally want to check out this place in Cleaveland. I'm a culinary student who's planning on opening up a gastropub so I wonder how many people are actually interesting in this sort of thing. It'd be an interesting business model to scope out.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:39 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eden View Post
I totally want to check out this place in Cleaveland. I'm a culinary student who's planning on opening up a gastropub so I wonder how many people are actually interesting in this sort of thing. It'd be an interesting business model to scope out.
I've been thinking about getting involved in something like this for a while now. What part of Pittsburgh do you live in? And would you be interested in getting together sometime to discuss?

[Edit: prob should've just sent this as a PM]
Old 12-21-2010, 03:42 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70ls1nova View Post
yes! Now, i read about it but i haven't been there yet to verify it. Brew your own beer at Houghs in Greenfield.
Hough's Bar & Restaurant, Greenfield
I heard they started a BYO, but don't see any sign of it on their website, nor did I see any sign of it at their actual bar when I was there a couple of weeks ago. Does anyone have any more info on this?
Old 12-29-2010, 07:48 AM  

Greensburg, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrinkle View Post
Thanks for the info. I just joined T.R.U.B. Can't wait for the next brew. Things are always more fun in a group.
I'm in TRUB and its a great bunch of guys. I'm out in Greensburg so I don't get to every meeting but I do try to get to the big brews when we make a 100 gallon batch.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:39 PM  

won't do that again?.

What a great idea! I'm going to check it out!

I made homemade beer once, from a kit. I bought a new green plastic garbage can, cleaned it thoroughly, and followed the directions. The beer wasn't very good, and it was green. Why it was green, I don't know?.
Old 01-24-2011, 11:29 AM  

Verona, PA
Houghs is a great place! Fantastic selection.
Old 02-01-2011, 10:53 AM  

Kittanning, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBurger538 View Post
Anyone know of a bar/restaurant that you can brew your own beer? My brother went to a place in Cleveland and his beer is amazing. I would love to try and find a place in the Burgh.
No, but if you find such a place in da Burgh, let me know!
Old 02-02-2011, 12:09 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkphilly View Post
It's easier just to homebrew. You can be up and running with $70 in equipment and brew great beer for about $8 a case.
What? I'd love to see the price breakdowns on this.
Obviously I'm screwing myself somehow. I was doing extract brewing for a while, and was spending around $20-25/case. I'm moving into all-grain now, and expect the cost/case to be dropping as a result (though I'd be surprised if I only ended up only spending 1/3 of what I've been spending), but the equipment I bought for it was like $250. I'm sure I could've gone cheaper, but it seems like it would be tough to get even just a decent brew kettle for $70.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads