Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-05-2010, 10:20 AM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Sert01 "I never worried anytime Charlie Batch took over for Ben. He'd be a starter on any other team. "

What? Are you kidding? He couldnt even hold his job when he played with the DETROIT LIONS! Sure, the Lions were horrible, but come on, really?! He may only be able to start at one or two clubs max. And even then it would be due to an injury of their real QB. I have met Charlie down town several times - and he is a great guy. Super friendly, good for the community, plays the backup role to a tee. But do not mistake him for anything but a serviceable backup. He wont kill ya. He'll manage the game. And he is a good leader.

Old 12-06-2010, 07:41 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
It's always a good day the day after we beat the Ravens

Old 12-21-2010, 12:42 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
How can people honestly call themselves Steeler fans and want to get rid of Ben?

He led us to TWO Championships in the relatively short time he has been here. That says a lot about his abilities as both a quarterback and a leader.

Is he a d-bag? Hell yes, but who cares. He's not doing anything to you personally and he makes us a championship team.

People seem to forget the dark ages before Ben when we struggled because we didn't have a decent quarterback. Pittsburgh has a bad habit of chasing them out of town. I guess we could always call Kordell Stewart and see if he is interested in the job...
Old 12-22-2010, 05:31 AM  

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Quote:
Originally Posted by colpanick View Post
How can people honestly call themselves Steeler fans and want to get rid of Ben?

He led us to TWO Championships in the relatively short time he has been here. That says a lot about his abilities as both a quarterback and a leader.

Is he a d-bag? Hell yes, but who cares. He's not doing anything to you personally and he makes us a championship team.

People seem to forget the dark ages before Ben when we struggled because we didn't have a decent quarterback. Pittsburgh has a bad habit of chasing them out of town. I guess we could always call Kordell Stewart and see if he is interested in the job...
I don't know - maybe some prude traditionalists dislike having their most watched team and its most prevelant position being accused of rape and other baddie badness.
Old 12-22-2010, 01:48 PM  

Pittsburgh, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrotherMalcolm View Post
I don't know - maybe some prude traditionalists dislike having their most watched team and its most prevelant position being accused of rape and other baddie badness.
Accused, not convicted. He wasn't even charged the second time (and yet still got suspended for it... go figure).

Yes, his decision making off the field is terrible and that's something he needs to seriously address, but to suggest that he should be kicked off the the team just for being a dick is ludicrous.

I find that the only people who think he should be kicked off the team are the people that didn't like him in the first place. These are the people who would rather have a team full of nice guys then a team that wins.
Old 12-22-2010, 04:23 PM  

Dover, PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by colpanick View Post
Accused, not convicted. He wasn't even charged the second time (and yet still got suspended for it... go figure).

Yes, his decision making off the field is terrible and that's something he needs to seriously address, but to suggest that he should be kicked off the the team just for being a dick is ludicrous.

I find that the only people who think he should be kicked off the team are the people that didn't like him in the first place. These are the people who would rather have a team full of nice guys then a team that wins.
Well said! There are so many reports and stories out there of how he has significantly changed his contributions to the team, city, and charities...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads