Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-07-2011, 11:35 AM  
Here We Go!

Pittsburgh, PA
Is this the year for the Bucs to hit .500?

I have always been a Pirate fan. I still watch them and attend games so please leave out the they suck to bad to watch argument. Its still baseball, Pittsburgh baseball at that!

What do you think about this upcoming year?

Jimmy

Old 03-09-2011, 07:43 AM  
mbj
I is the laws

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Every year I go into the season with completely unrealistic expectations and this year is no different. I'm sure I'll be disappointed, but what the hell, it's fun for awhile.

I'll say that yes, they will reach .500 at the end of the season. I do see some good pieces in place. Nothing championship caliber mind you, but I see a hell of a lot more potential than I saw the first part of the decade.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going start preparing to be disappointed again

Old 03-12-2011, 01:32 PM  

Pittsburgh
This year's team has some potential to put up some runs. Tabata looks like a beast and McCutcheon is a superstar. I think Walker can hit +.300 again, and maybe we'll get some power from Alvarez, but he needs to be consistent.

Hopefully higher run production will translate to better pitching. Half of the battle for a pitcher is mental. So maybe if they're not down all the time they'll be able to key in on just throwing strikes and not feeling the pressure of making every pitch perfect. Lincoln has to show something... anything.

Its really sad that I'd be happy with a .500 season. It would just make the summer so much fun to have good baseball back in Pittsburgh. I think this team can do it, but I also have my doubts. The division looks better than it has in quite a few years.
Old 03-13-2011, 11:24 AM  

SW PA
PNC Park

It IS a nice ballpark. Great place to spend a sunny afternoon getting a tan, bs'ing with friends, or watch fireworks at a night game...as long as the PA system is off, and you don't sit where you have to be alert for foul balls.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Pennsylvania > Pittsburgh
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.