Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-19-2010, 10:39 PM  

slc, ut
Beer stores?

Visiting my Folks on the OR coast early next year.
Looking to get some hard to find brew.
I.E. Belgian sours and exotic micos.

Advice?
I have Been to corked in D.T. portland last year.

Old 11-20-2010, 10:11 PM  

There is the new Cascade Barrel House that does nothing but sours in SE Portland.
Cascade Barrel House, Portland's new home of barrel-aged beers, to open in Southeast | OregonLive.com

There is also a cider bar now open called Bushwacker Cider. They aren't too far away from CBH. They have usually 4 ciders on tap and a whole bunch the in the cooler with no corkage fee.

Old 11-21-2010, 01:17 AM  

slc, ut
nice!

do they sell bottles?
Or is it just on tap?

Cheers
Old 11-22-2010, 04:40 PM  

Portland, OR
Vancouver, WA is just a bridge away and they have a nice bottle shop I go to : Bottled Brews – Beer By The Bottle Vancouver WA if you do go try the pub right next to the bottle shop, Salmon creek brew pub !
Old 11-22-2010, 06:19 PM  

Portland, OR, OR
John's Market in Multnomah: http://www.johnsmarketplace.com/

Belmont Station in SE: Belmont Station | Portland's Premier Beer Store and Biercafe
Old 11-22-2010, 07:14 PM  

Portland, Oregon
I second the John's Marketplace suggestion. Huge selection of every type of beer you can think of.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:21 PM  

Both By the Bottle and Belmont Station are good, and both are adjacent to tap rooms.

Pipapat, both places do both, I think. The sours are actually being made over at the Raccoon Lodge, but they bottle and sell under the name Cascade, which you can get at the beer stores.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:03 PM  

Boise, ID
Slightly on topic... going to be in the Astoria region next summer. Any recommendations for brewery tours near there?
Old 11-23-2010, 08:21 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by cino101 View Post
Slightly on topic... going to be in the Astoria region next summer. Any recommendations for brewery tours near there?
There are only two breweries in town - Fort George and Wet Dog Cafe. Funny thing is, the best lunch food is actually next door to FG at the Blue Scorcher. Just down the street is a really fun fruit winery with unusual stuff called Shallon Winery. Hit them all up!
Old 11-23-2010, 10:16 PM  

Portland, Oregon
I always go to Belmont Station. They have something like 1,200 different bottled beers and an ever changing draft selection. You'll be sure to find something that suits your needs there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads