Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login

Old 11-16-2010, 04:46 PM  

Portland, Oregon
+1 for McMennamins and their Terminator Stout... on Friday 11/19 they're celebrating at ALL McMenamins locations, all day.
•$2 pints of Terminator
•$4 for bottles of Terminator to-go

ps. I don't work for McMennamins, I just like them a lot!

Old 11-18-2010, 01:32 PM  

SF, CA
Last time I was there I hit up Bailey's Taproom, which had a great array of local beers (like Upright Brewing's Holy Herb...so good).

If you like old videogames (think Centipede and Paperboy) and cheap beer, Ground Control had an amazing happy hour.

Old 11-19-2010, 04:11 PM  

Not a big stout drinker myself, but Green Dragon in SE has a huge assortment of various brews on tap
Old 11-19-2010, 04:34 PM  

Tacoma, wa
The Radio Room on Alberta is pretty chill and a great atmosphere
Old 11-20-2010, 11:44 PM  

Portland, Oregon
deschutes has great seasonal stouts.. abyss is easily my favorite. And, having obsidian stout on nitro is a pretty good fall back (as far as fall backs go). Right now they may still have some black butte XXII.. which, although isnt a stout,... is a BIG dark beer (imperial porter).. and is delicious... besides, how different is an imperial stout and an imperial porter?

for a bit of a change of pace, Id also try hair of the dog, which has a new brew pub on water street down in the SE industrial area (by OMSI).

also, upright is a small start up that has a few taps in their brewery (key word, IN). awesome chance for some interesting brew (they do some open fermentation), and to walk around a commercial brewery (albeit a small one).

theres my picks for the week.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:48 PM  

Tacoma, wa
Quote:
Originally Posted by HItransplant View Post
deschutes has great seasonal stouts.. abyss is easily my favorite. And, having obsidian stout on nitro is a pretty good fall back (as far as fall backs go). Right now they may still have some black butte XXII.. which, although isnt a stout,... is a BIG dark beer (imperial porter).. and is delicious... besides, how different is an imperial stout and an imperial porter?

for a bit of a change of pace, Id also try hair of the dog, which has a new brew pub on water street down in the SE industrial area (by OMSI).

also, upright is a small start up that has a few taps in their brewery (key word, IN). awesome chance for some interesting brew (they do some open fermentation), and to walk around a commercial brewery (albeit a small one).

theres my picks for the week.
whats up dude!

Yeah "Hair of the Dog" I need to check that out this weekend
Old 11-22-2010, 06:23 PM  

Portland, OR, OR
During the summer, on a warm night, there is no place like the back porch at New Old Lompoc on 23rd
Old 11-22-2010, 09:51 PM  

Portland, Oregon
Tugboat Stout

Go to the Tugboat downtown. If they are out of their stout, brewed there, they have plenty of other options. Then you can drop into Bailey's Taproom next door to sample
Old 11-23-2010, 10:34 PM  

Portland, Oregon
If you're a fan of "dessert" beers, I'd hit up Rogue for their Double Chocolate Stout. That is by far one of my favorite beers. Highly recommended.
Old 11-25-2010, 09:10 PM  

Bend, Oregon
Im a mcmenamins fan usually when I hit up portland, but that might be only because there is so much to choose from up there, that atleast I know its good

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!