Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 AM  

Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alowishus View Post
I have wanted to check out the place in Kenton for their cheese-making supplies but they have been closed every time I tried.
I hear Steinbarts is recently selling cheese-making supplies. Not sure what they have yet tho. I wanted to check it out myself, was thinking of getting into cheese making too.

Old 12-08-2010, 05:07 PM  

Banks, Oregon
Steinbarts and Let's Brew are great if I'm in Portland, but most of my business goes to Main Street Homebrew Supply in Hillsboro. I'm excited for their new location off of 26!

Steinbarts is by far the best if you want organic grain. $40 for a 50lb bag, can't beat that.

Old 12-10-2010, 09:43 AM  

Portland, OR
Main Street Homebrew in Hillsboro.

These guys have incredible customer service. For a starting homebrewer, not sure you could go to a better place.
Old 12-10-2010, 07:53 PM  

Aloha, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by abbot555 View Post
I hear Steinbarts is recently selling cheese-making supplies. Not sure what they have yet tho. I wanted to check it out myself, was thinking of getting into cheese making too.
They will be stocking cheese-making supplys at MainBrew when the new store opens. Probably the weekend of the 18th.
Old 12-10-2010, 11:34 PM  

Portland, oregon
Brew Brothers in Hillsboro, not too bad of a drive and great prices.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:37 AM  

portland, Oregon
Above the Rest in Tigard has a super supportive staff. The owner is too nice :>
Old 12-16-2010, 11:56 AM  

Portland, OR
Main Street Brew, in Hillsboro.
Old 12-17-2010, 02:32 PM  

Portland, OR
I usually end up at steinbarts - I just wish they were open a bit later.. its always a mad-dash to get down there after work. Bader Wine/Brewing up in vancouver, WA often has some pretty good deals on stuff like Corny kegs...
Old 12-20-2010, 03:56 PM  

Portland, OR
I always go to Steinbart's because it's on my way home from work. I agree about the terrible hours - closing at 1 on Sat. and no Sun.? Screws me up every time I'm not totally prepared during the week. And they have the highest prices in the area, since they supply a number of the other stores wholesale, and don't want to undercut their own customers.

Excited to hear there is new u-brew/homebrew store supposed to be opening in Westmoreland next to San Felipe Taqueria.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:44 AM  

Gladstone, Oregon
Hands down, Brewbrothers in Hillsboro they have the best selection and prices on grain around!! They also have great service.

I have been to Baders, not too bad selection and friendly service.

Steinbarts, been there once since since they are not open when it is convenient but a good expericence anyway!

Mainstreet was OK, not a huge selection but they have enough stuff to get by!

Bridgeview in Oregon City, hmmmm, I cannot recommned them, in fact it didn't even seem like a brewshop to me (my opinion) and they are only open on weekends???

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads