Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-21-2011, 08:42 PM  

Favorite Local Bands

Before I lived in Portland, I was a huge fan of Sleater-Kinney. They broke up before I moved here, but other local bands I've liked are Explode Into Colors (broken up now), The Thermals, Menomena, Jenny Hoyston & Kaia Wilson (their band name keeps changing), The Gossip, Wild Flag, and lots of others.

It seems like new bands are popping up all the time and I can't keep up with it. What are your favorite local bands, old and new?

Old 02-21-2011, 08:54 PM  

west covina, ca
Helio Sequence!!

Old 02-28-2011, 04:59 PM  

Sisters, Oregon
The Sweaty Nipples shows from back in the late 80's early 90's were some of the best. Saw them years later in New York and they had gone metal and sucked.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:53 PM  

Portland, Oregon
I usually have the most FUN when I go hear The StrangeTones, or NoPoMoJo. Sometimes they collaborate for really silly combo shows. One is coming up soon at Duffs Garage -- check it out! Both are on Facebook and have Web Sites and CDs.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:00 PM  

I like The Thermals, i have their collections too...

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.