Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-08-2010, 11:55 AM  

topeka, ks
How is the Snowboarding at Mt Hood?

My sister just moved to porland and my Brother and I are thinking about visiting her this winter.

We thought it would be another opportunity for us to snowboard. Living in KS we dont get many chances. Just our yearly trip to Colorado.

So how is the boarding at Mt Hood? Are the runs packed with people or are they wide enough to relax and have fun?

thanks
Beau

Old 10-08-2010, 07:28 PM  

Sandy, Oregon
from what i know(have alot of friends that go up yearly) mt hood isnt uncomfortably packed and there are 3 resorts up the mountin for boarding meadows, timberline, and ski bowl. it usually has good snow for havin fun. last year we didnt have the best snow for boarding, to hard and icy. but the last month was good. hope that helps.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:11 AM  
Great Dane Loving Jeeper

San Antonio, TX
Don't fall for the year round glacier boarding at Timberline. There may be snow but not good snow. In season it is a good place.
Old 11-15-2010, 10:33 PM  

Ithaca, New York
Meadows is the best in my opinion, the most variety and mid week it is not very crowded.
Old 11-16-2010, 04:49 PM  

Portland, Oregon
From what I hear it's some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the US, if not, the world! Go for it!
Old 11-17-2010, 09:32 AM  

Canby, Oregon
You won't be disappointed with either Timberline or Meadows, if you go mid-week you will almost have the trails to yourself. You can also head over to Bend if you want to try all the resorts we have.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:49 AM  

Sisters, Oregon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinvoda View Post
You can also head over to Bend if you want to try all the resorts we have.
Mt. Bachelor is great. Last year wasn't, but this year looks like it's going to be fantastic.
Old 11-22-2010, 01:53 PM  

Peoria, AZ
i don't think it has changed much since i moved away. It was always affordable, and a great time. good size resort challenging and a good snowpark. Please keep in mind its been about 10 years since I rode mt hood it may have changed.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:53 PM  

Portland, OR, OR
Should be great this year, it's been snowing since before Halloween.
Old 11-22-2010, 10:07 PM  

Portland, Oregon
Mt Hood is solid

Quote:
Originally Posted by daenja View Post
From what I hear it's some of the best skiing and snowboarding in the US, if not, the world! Go for it!
Mt Hood is solid, but definitely doesn't have the kind of terrain or snow to be in the Top 20 for best skiing or snowboarding in the US. Still definitely a solid ski mountain with 3 different choices, and Ski Bowl rules on powder days and night skiing when it's cold enough. Typically not too packed, and all 3 resorts (especially Timberline) are really good place to learn to ski or snowboard with lots of flatter terrain and rollers.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.