Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Click Here to Login

Old 12-27-2010, 02:13 PM  

Portland, Oregon
Wine Shops

What is your favorite (shop and or wine)? my anniversary is coming up and I want to get a nice bottle for my wife. Obviously I'm not a frequent buyer.. Any recommendations?

Old 12-28-2010, 08:26 PM  

Portland, Oregon
Mt Tabor Fine Wines on SE 43rd and Hawthorne. They will help you find exactly what you are looking for without steering you to the higher priced bottles. Also they have wine tastings on Fridays, a great way to sample the wines and get to know the store.

Old 01-16-2011, 09:15 PM  
***** Builder

Bend, Oregon
I used to hate wine until I discovered port wine. Where most wines I had tried were dry and bitterish, port was sweeter and wetter. Most consider it a desert wine but I don't care, I'll drink it with a meal because I like it. Good way to identify it is it's usually at the end of a shelving stand and the actual ports have white import labels with numbers sticking out the foil tops. The sweeter ones are a Ruby port. Hope this helps with a possibly fundamental issue of taste.
Old 01-27-2011, 12:10 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewayneg View Post
Mt Tabor Fine Wines on SE 43rd and Hawthorne. They will help you find exactly what you are looking for without steering you to the higher priced bottles. Also they have wine tastings on Fridays, a great way to sample the wines and get to know the store.
I have been there too. Great place to pick up a bottle.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:15 PM  

I can usually find a good wine @ Safeway or Thriftway. The wine guy @ Thriftway in Cedar Mill is helpful and easy to deal with. There is a pretentious shop last time I looked in the shopping center across from the Safeway on Cornell in Beaverton. Weird place hidden in the back , I suspected that they really didn't want to sell wine to anyone, looked more like a hobby or front for some other kind of biz.
Old 02-21-2011, 08:22 PM  

I like Trader Joe's wines.
Old 05-14-2011, 09:01 PM  

Portland, OR
Ponzi Wines are great - their Pinot Noir was one of the first red wines I ever enjoyed. They operate a bistro in Dundee where you can do tastings and enjoy some good food. That area is great for anniversary trips since there are a bunch of bed-and-breakfast places out there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > Oregon > Portland
Bookmark this Page!