CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   San Marcos (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/san-marcos/)
-   -   ******** BURGER KING IN SAN MARCOS SUCKS********* (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/san-marcos/%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-burger-king-san-marcos-sucks%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A%2A-11/)

SOME ONE WHO KNOWS 02-20-2003 06:42 PM

******** BURGER KING IN SAN MARCOS SUCKS*********

THE BURGER KING ON ON HWY.123 BUT REALLY BOTH OF THEM THE ONE HWY.123 GOT SHUTDOWN BY THE HEALTH DPT. BEACAUSE OF MAJOR WATER LEAKAGE FROM THE CIELING IN THE KITCHEN,RIGHT WHERE THE FOOD IS PREPED.THIS CONDITION WNET ON FOR YEARS AND THE OWNERS KNEW ABOUT IT BUT DID NOTHING ABOUT IT.I SUGGEST NO ONE GO AND EAT THERE.TELL YOUR FREINDS NOT TO EAT THERE,PASS THE WORD ALONG!

THIS BE THRUTH INDEED!!!!

A2 02-21-2003 06:40 AM

nice

now that is some news you can use.....
I used to love B.K. but I quit going a couple of years ago. ALthough I live really close to the one on the service road, and have been known to make drunken, late night, bike rides to the drive through. (not anymore)
But that's good info Mr. someonewhoknows. gracias.....It's funny that all the lil' rinky dink taco stands are probably cleaner than a major world wide resturaunt. hahahahahahahahaha
A2

jhodges 02-27-2003 10:17 PM

just.. stay.. away... if at all possible.. it is not good food.. i don't know if it really is food..

regardless of the sanitation, the place just sucks.

many local places have way better burgers.. Kismet and River pub to name a few.

A2 02-28-2003 08:53 AM

no subject

Nothin' I like better than a Bacon Cheeseburger w/ grilled onions and a Black & Tan from the Tap Room....Also a Patriot Missle shot for dessert.
Not bad for Sysco food...
A2

jimmyzeta 04-22-2003 12:56 PM

I think that reflects the chain mainly. BK has gone down both in quality and service over the past 5 years. I quit eating there due to getting a serious bout of samonella from eating a undercooked egg crosandwich. That was also about the time I quit eating chain resturant food and started cooking my own. That way, if ya get sick, you know who caused it!!

guest 05-18-2003 10:29 PM

I stop eating at the burger king by IH35 because of the parking. I remember one time I was parked just for 2 large chocalate shakes. I thought that was horrible but then I went to the one on HWY123 and it was worse. I saw one cook with a pony tail not to mention that he was a male. The other cook was a female with alot of rings on her fingers. There were 2 short, female managers upfront.Both of them with their hands in their back pockets. One of them approached me to take my order but I notice she had an accent so I asked if she could repeat what she had said. She seem to have gotten angry with me and the other female continued with my order. I tell you she was rude!!!!!!!!I had to wait awhile for my food because they were out of meat.

guest2 05-19-2003 12:12 PM

I also stopped eating at the burger king on HWY123 because of the poor service. I use to work at a fast food rest. here in town and notice alot of things wrong with that BK. The female employees had their hair down below their shoulders. One of them even kept on playing with her hair and then proceeded to take and give orders out. I also noticed how short staff it was. I had went there twice( on a wed. and thurs. between 3-5pm) and notice that there was only one male cook in the back and three people in the front. The short cook could see all the customers coming in and seem to be getting irritated when the manager would yell back" I need a whopper now" but she wouldn't even go back their to help him. Then she say something in spanish( it atleast sounded like spanish or was a different dialect of her language) that seem to upset the short mexican cook. He just replied" thats nice" and went on cooking. I waited atleast 12 minutes of my food and I didn't even get a "sorry about the wait" because she wasn't sorry. I feel bad for the cook who has to put up with her. And even for her husband.

Lady who goes there often 05-19-2003 12:19 PM

I go to both BK and notice that the people that work there need to work on their people skills. There is one female manager who works at the BK by IH35 that is very nice. She is usually the one that I see working the drive-thru almost everyday. She is short, wears glasses, and is nice. I wish there was more people working in fast food who could be nice like her. The people that work at the one on HWY123 just don't compare to her or even to the service that that you would recieve from the BK by IH35. Go to that one because it is cleaner and they have a big playroom.

I KNOW ALSO 05-19-2003 12:25 PM

I don't go to the BK on HWY123 any more because it is always dirty and the people that work their are always sporting out their jewelry like if they make alot of money. The female employees are always with their hair down. They never have it up in a hair net or a bun. They just stand there and don't even tend to the lobby area or even the restrooms. Their parking lot is forever dirty and their outside trash is always full. What kind of management is that place under? If it even has any type at all.

angry customer 05-19-2003 12:32 PM

I had went to the BK on HWY123 a couple of times and will never go back. The lady at the drive-thru forgot a part of my order and didn't give me a reciept. I called back to try to talk to the manager and she was asking 20 questions. If I was sure it was her rest. If I had a reciept. When I told her no she hung up. So I went there in person with the food in the bag since I only live down the street. She still refuse to give me my food just because I didn't have a reciept. It was their fault and I still didn't get an apology or my food. That really sucks!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kenman 05-24-2003 02:25 PM

Re: no subject

Quote:

Originally Posted by A2
Nothin' I like better than a Bacon Cheeseburger w/ grilled onions and a Black & Tan from the Tap Room....Also a Patriot Missle shot for dessert.

Damn, make that a double and I'm all set for the day. That's the best meal in town, easy. Taproom rocks all that can be rocked!

BCB + B&T + me = Big smiles

.....but what's in a patriot missile?

A2 05-26-2003 08:15 AM

Shots all around...

I really don't know what all is in there. My friend went there for his B-day and Jayson (one of the bartenders in there) suggested it for a free B-day shot.
It's three different liquers. One red, one white, and one blue and they all are different densitys so they layer on top of each other.

A great shot for memorial day eh?

guest 06-29-2003 03:47 PM

i went to the bk on 123 and the lady there just ignored me.
it was 2 saturdays around the time they were supposed to open.this lady was sitting in the lobby talking to some guy. this is at 6am and i was waiting for them to open. the cook was in the back but he didn't see me. all i wanted was breakfast and i didn't even get served. i guess i have to have a cool firebird like that guy had to get service freo that lady. i drove to the other bk and got friendly service from a female manager with glasses. i asked why the other bk wasn't open. she looked at the time and said they should be open and apologized for inconvience. i drove back to the other bk 5 min. later and it was still closed.

whatever 06-29-2003 04:02 PM

I won't go eat at the BK on 123 anymore. There is a short female manager that always wears her hair in a bun that always seem to have her hands in her back pockets. That is to sanitary to have your hands in your pockets and serve food. She even has long nails. I thought that nails had to neatly trimmed. She and another manager that wasn't even in uniform started talking about how long the orders were taking to get out but niether of them did anything about it. The lady that was out of uniform, I guess, runs this place. She started demanding food. She started to get anxious and called for food again. The male cook made a smart remark to her. I think he said "in time". Of couse she was pestered by it. O well it was her fault for not having enough people. If you don't have enough people, you produce sucky food and service. Why don't you get people in there that know how to run this place. Everytime I go there, this lady never has enough people. I rather eat at McDonalds.

Durangobob 06-29-2003 08:12 PM

What is wrong w/ our BK

Yah, alot of ppl have said that our bk's suck, they do have a sloppy attitude because they seem to be teens who are forced to work to make ends meet, and usually dont take pride in their work. When i worked at subway on a good day i would strive to make that special sandwich....especially if it got me some digits. But that beyond the point. I still eat at bk because of the 99 triple cheeseburger, i guess what you dont know can't hurt you right.......

laterz

parrothead3696 07-18-2003 11:36 PM

bk on 123

For all the people who posted comments....

I am the husband of the general manager of this bk. Believe me, we love to get feedback on how our restaurant is doing, and we will address the issues that have been brought up. As far as the health dept. shutdown, that is unfortunately true. However... my wife had no control over that as she got this position 3 days before the shutdown. As for the staffing issues, we have recently hired a very good assistant manager who will assist my wife with bring the store to a higher standard. Hair issues? I was unaware of this, and we will fix it asap. I don't think many of y'all are familiar with the amount of work required in running the stores like mickey dee's or bk. The task is made especially difficult when the managers are given inadaquate training and support as is the case with Capitol Fast Foods(the franchise). In any case, we have a sincere desire to improve this store and I will repeat, feedback is always welcome. Parrothead3696@aol.com.....

thanks 8)

Durangobob 07-19-2003 07:15 AM

Great, Welcome

:D Hey! great glad to hear local business taking an active part in what the community has to say. i've recently graduated from HS and have worked in food places, so i know how rigorous and how demanding it can be when you are understaffed on a slow day and a rush of ppl come in. Customer needs to learn patience which i usually have as long as the employees/employer maintain a positive environment all is good right?

I've been going to the BK on hwy123, and so far so good..just love the burgers taste.

Oh another thing spread the word about the forum, we love to see new faces in here everyday.

laterz

Jaed 07-19-2003 07:58 AM

I would have never thought that that would happen
kool
:P

MonkeyAnvil 07-21-2003 02:18 PM

Booger Kingdom

Yeeeuck....Booger King, as i used to call it, has always been the last chance late-night sodium & fat fix for anyone drunk enough to slobber it down.

:::bowing head::: Yes, friends & nieghbors, I too have partaken of such rediculousness in desperately cheap times, but I am reformed, I am better now, and say unto thee, GET THEE BEHIND ME BOOGER KING! For thou art the foulest most hienous figure of fat fast food that walks the IH-35 pipeline of culinary hell.

Basically, I agree with what everyone else says.

Durangobob 07-22-2003 04:29 PM

MMM

mmm, i just had two double cheesburgers from BK on 123 today... delicious. :D

parrothead3696 07-24-2003 01:17 AM

booger??

monkeyanvil.. get thee behind me...

durangobob kicks ass, thank god for the regulars :)

:twisted:

MonkeyAnvil 07-24-2003 11:30 AM

Behind me?

parothead....it's actually is nice to hear that management has concern and willing to post in a local forum what you did. Thanks. As for the "get thee behind me.." I'm sure you understand how adding a little flavor to words can be fun.

What level of control do you have within your own store? Can you adjust ingredients and customize the food according to customer's dietary needs? Man, that would be great if you could. I'd eat there if the burgers were a tad healthier and had about half of the sodium. Always did like the taste when I used to eat there, but just couldn't hack the constipation afterwards.

Good luck with re-establishing it!

- MA

MonkeyAnvil 07-24-2003 07:47 PM

Heya Parothead!

We'll you'll be shocked to hear that after my reply to you I was compelled to go out and put my critique to the test. I ate at BK today, ordered a big'ole friggin #1, large sized with a Dr. Pepper. I will say it was quite tastey too, and the place looked clean and neat from the drive through window, the service was fast and friendly, and the food was hot and seemed fresh...I think. It took me back to high school days hitting the drive-through after hours and parking with the doors open to chow down. As for healthy, it really ain't, still...it was filling and worth the memories. Now I'm going to have to go on a huge sampling spree around San Marcos and check out all of the burgers again. Next stop, the ancient Wataburger, etc....

Whoo ha, I'll be squattin for weeks at this rate.

- MA

parrothead3696 07-24-2003 10:01 PM

local control

To answer the questions re how much control we have, we really don't have much. However, you can order fries w/o salt, but it'l cost you 3 to 4 minutes as we must cook fresh fries. Then again, you will get "Fresh" fries. In actuality, the major chains have an incredible amount of control over just about everything you can imagine, from menu items to portions to kitchen layout, and so on and so on. For a real inside look at the industry, check the book Fast Food Nation. It's facinating. BTW, thank you for trying our store again! Say hi to Alma next time. (my wife, who we just found out is pregnant :) )

hasta luego

MonkeyAnvil 07-24-2003 10:11 PM

Congrats!

Well if only I had known I'd have celebrated by ordering a #3 with cheese and a vanilla shake. Dangit.

Howdys to Alama and let her know the store and food was decent enough to please a picky health-concious reformed fast food fiend.

All the best to you both,

- MA

FED UP WITH THIS PLACE 07-31-2003 11:44 PM

THE HARDER WE WORK, THE LESS WE GET FROM BURGER KING

THIS IS JUST SOMETHING TO LET EVERYONE KNOW OUT THERE THAT NO MATTER HOW MUCH WE WORK OR HOW HARD WE WORK IT JUST SEEMS NO TO MATTER TO THE PEOPLE UP THERE IN THE HEAD OFFICE. EVERYTIME THEY COME DOWN HERE TO THE RESTAURANT IT ALWAYS SEEMS LIKE THEY ONLY COME HERE FOR SOMETHING TO CORRECT THAT ONLY THEY SEE NEEDS CORRECTING. BASICALLY ITS ALWAYS FOR SOMETHING NEGATIVE AND NEVER POSITIVE. I MEAN EVERYTIME WE DO SOMETHING REALLY GOOD OR WHAT THEY ASK FOR THEY NEVER SEEM TO THANK US. ITS ALWAYS GONNA BE LIKE THROUGH THEIR EYES WE WILL NEVER BE GOOD WORKERS. HOW WOULD U LIKE IT IF YOU WORKED AT YOUR JOB FOR A VERY LONG TIME AND YOU NEVER GOT A GOOD RAISE BUT ALL THAT HARD WORK WENT TO GIVING YOUR DISTRICT MANAGERS THEIR BONUSES OR THEIR VACATIONS AND YOU NEVER GET ANY OF THOSE. SOMETIMES I FEEL LIKE IT IS A THANKLESS JOB AND NO MATTER WHAT WE DO IT WILL NEVER BE ENOUGH TO SATISFY THEM. MAJORITY OF THE TIME I DONT SEEM TO HAVE HIGH CONFIDENSE WITHIN MY SELF I GUESS THATS WHY I'M STILL THERE. LET ME PUT IT TO YOU THIS WAY, I HAVE BEEN THERE FOR MORE THAN FOUR YEARS AND I'M MAKING LESS THAN $7.50, NOW TELL ME HOW MESSED UP IS THAT. I MEAN WITH MY KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS AND WORK CAPABILITIES I SHOULD BE MAKING CLOSE TO NINE DOLLARS AN HOUR BUT LIKE I SAID THE DISTRICT MANAGER DOESNT CARE BOUT NO BODY BUT HIMSELF. SO THATS WHY I JUST DONT CARE SOMETIMES. BUT I TRY TO NOT HAVE THAT ATTITUDE ALL THE TIME BECAUSE YOU DONT ACCOMPLISH ANYTHING THAT WAY YOU KNOW. I JUST GO TO WORK DO MY JOB AND TRY TO DO SOMETHING TO MAKE TIME GO BY AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. ALL I WANT IS MY BIG RAISE THAT I KNOW I DESSERVE AND MY MUCH NEEDED VACATION. BUT I KNOW THAT'LL NEVER HAPPEN SO FOR RIGHT NOW I'M JUST GONNA MAKE THE BEST OF IT. I HAVE MUCH MORE TO SAY BUT I'M GONNA CONTINUE THIS ON ANOTHER DATE. BUT PLEASE WRITE BACK AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME IN READING THIS.............................

Stu Pidiasso 08-01-2003 06:24 AM

Guess what? You work for a corporation.....can you say cor por ra tion?
Get over it.
If you feel that unappreciated go to the bank, borrow some $, and start your own burger stand.

And parrot head when you say "In actuality, the major chains have an incredible amount of control over just about everything you can imagine," Are you telling me that BK is just small company?

POOR ME
POUR ME
POUR ME ANOTHER

Love,
A guy who never post on here, but was so sick of the whining that he had to say something.
I'm sorry, I didn't mean anything personal.

MonkeyAnvil 08-01-2003 06:40 AM

Sick of it are you?

For the poor soul who has worked at BK for four years and not made it farther than $7.50 an hour, I have this to say:

I read your post, and I can't help wondering if you wouldn't be better off leaving your job and finding another one.

When you are underappreciated, underpaid, unhappy, and actually questioning your own self-worth...it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out you need to try something else.

If you were lying on your back on a hot sidewalk 8 hours a day because you were being paid $7.50 an hour for it, and you realized that your back was burning, you were uncomfortably hot, nobody appreciated your efforts, and no matter how much you tried you still couldn't get promoted to standing on the hot sidewalk instead of lying there,....MOST people would go get something else that was less torturous.

If your post was just complaining because you needed to vent, fine. Still, looking at what you wrote I'd say it might be worth your while to check out jobs in this city which you might feel better about.

Thoughtfully yours,

- MA

Durangobob 08-01-2003 02:23 PM

Hmmm

hmm, i wonder what management has to say 'bout this.....not good, not good at all. :?

jhodges 08-01-2003 04:25 PM

yeah seriously dude.. restaraunt jobs, especially in the kitchen, are not too hard to come by, and there should be plenty of places that would be better to work than bk.

cuteymcpretty 08-01-2003 06:09 PM

Forget BK

wow guess I'll pass on the offer to work at BK, thanks anyway parrotface. :D I wouldn't wanna be underappreciated while workin my ass off. I'm sure not all BK's are like that but still I wouldn't wanna take a chance. As for you person who wont reveal himself, step away from that job man, you dont need that! get some balls and QUIT. You deserve better treatment and more money.

parrothead3696 08-01-2003 06:17 PM

There was a lot of truth mixed in with the whining. Yes, wages are low. We run a low margin business. Yees, the DM makes a nice bonus. Why, I don't know :? . As far as self esteem issues, believe me, it is quite simple to get promoted. We go through managers like hotcakes. If you always make it on time, never complain and always give 105% you too can be a shift manager... and if all else fails, follow the advice already given and search for a new job. If you are so good and skilled, this will not present a problem :) . And actually, bk is a big company, that controls a huge number of smaller ones(franchises).

parrothead3696 08-01-2003 06:19 PM

and cuteymc... parrothead, ok? parrothead

jimmy buffett fans unite!

Durangobob 08-02-2003 02:51 PM

yah cutey parrothead

HEAD

cuteymcpretty 08-02-2003 03:55 PM

OK HEAD

yeah yeah head. sorry bout that. just couldn't remember second part of your name. got it now though.

UNDER PAID, WHINNING SOUL 08-04-2003 01:08 AM

TO ALL WHO WROTE BACK

WELL I LIKE TO THANK YOU FOR RESPONDING BACK. I REALLY DO APPRECIATE WHAT YOU ALL THOUGHT BOUT WHAT I HAD WROTE. YEAH AND YOU ARE ALL PRETTY MUCH RIGHT, I SHOULD JUST QUITE THIS PLACE AND GO FIND A BETTER ONE. BECAUSE IT IS NOT COMPLETLY FAIR FOR ME TO JUST CONTINUING TO WORK FOR A BUSINESS THAT DOESNT APPRECIATE ME YOU KNOW. SO I WILL START TO GO AND LOOK FOR A CORPORATION THAT DOES DESERVE ME. I'M JUST SICK AND TIRED OF IT AND ITS GONNA STOP NOW. WRITE BACK AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK.............

MonkeyAnvil 08-04-2003 07:59 AM

Yes...quit.

Yes, ...quit, and at the very least you'll change the place you hate....if nothing else. If for some reason you find yourself working at another place and fours years down the road you feel underappreciated, stuck, underpaid, then it could have something to do with your own personal approach to work and goals.

That said, I support you one hundred percent in searching for something fresh and more in tune with what you want in a job. Might I suggest trying something other than the food industry however? How about a plant nursery or garden center, Half-Priced Books, or maybe Lowes?

Good luck,

- MA

parrothead3696 08-04-2003 05:25 PM

Fred, in any case, good luck. Good luck in whatever field of employment you find yourself.

Durangobob 08-04-2003 08:41 PM

yah good luck FRED. hey are u gonna see that new movie coming out.... Freddy vs. Jason ?

Laterz

mousie 08-04-2003 08:57 PM

you got the wrong person

For your information, Parrothead(Jared), it is not Fred. I am his girlfriend who is a manager at the other BK. The person who put up the post works at my store. Just get your information straight Jared before you use names and start pointing fingers. Anyways I am glad to hear that you now help Alma run her store. Not even the DM knew that. He was very suprise to read your post.