CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   Need photoshop help please (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/off-topic/need-photoshop-help-please-13896/)

BCboy 04-17-2011 06:07 PM

Need photoshop help please

If someone could help me please.
Here is a link to a ford pickup, i am visual, and would like it photoshopped in colours to help me decide.

1978 ford f-250 4x4 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

The top on it should be a deep cherry red, down to the black line that runs down the side of the truck.
The bottom half I would like to see in black, dark grey, silver, and dark blue to help me decide.

Thanks if anyone can help.
ps. my computer skills suck, or i would do it myself.

BCboy 04-19-2011 05:31 PM

BUMP to the top.

blucher 04-19-2011 05:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
BC, if you're visual you're right brained and file a lot of things visually. I'm not that good with Photoshop but don't think you really need it.
Try this; look at the truck and paint in the cherry red with your mind. Now imagine the bottom in the variations you're interested in. You should be able to get a good image in your head that will guide your choice. If not go to a paint store and grab color swatches in those colors.

You really can't go wrong since most 33 year old Fords are rust brown.:idea:

RiponredTJ 04-19-2011 06:54 PM

Sometimes I wish I had Photoshop.
This is one of those times :)

BCboy 04-20-2011 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blucher (Post 99702)
BC, if you're visual you're right brained and file a lot of things visually. I'm not that good with Photoshop but don't think you really need it.
Try this; look at the truck and paint in the cherry red with your mind. Now imagine the bottom in the variations you're interested in. You should be able to get a good image in your head that will guide your choice. If not go to a paint store and grab color swatches in those colors.

You really can't go wrong since most 33 year old Fords are rust brown.:idea:

I have looked for a long time for a fairly rust free one, so i know what you mean.
I am going to overhaul the entire truck, and that includes the body and paint.
Rebuild the diffs, transfer case, engine, tranny, brakes, all new hoses, cab mounts, etc.
It should be like new once done.
Plus put new wheels and tires on it that look good.

I just suck at visualizing, so like to see stuff, to know if i like it is all.
It would be bad to paint it, and then decide i do not like the paint once its done....lol

:cheers2:

BCboy 04-20-2011 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiponredTJ (Post 99725)
Sometimes I wish I had Photoshop.
This is one of those times :)

No worries, thanks anyways..............I just thought maybe someone on here used photoshop, but guess I was wrong. :cheers2:

blucher 04-20-2011 11:21 AM

"It should be like new once done.
Plus put new wheels and tires on it that look good.

I just suck at visualizing, so like to see stuff, to know if i like it is all.
It would be bad to paint it, and then decide i do not like the paint once its done....lol"

The shape means less than color compatibility. I'd like the cherry with a gun metal grey but that's me.

Your request reminded me of 4chan where you can often get almost anything done in Photoshop. If you know it, try it. If not don't go near that place.

One other thought. Having restored a Dodge Tradesman I know that there will be rust you can't reach. In the Tradesman's case the attachments between body & frame rusted away.

BCboy 04-21-2011 10:51 AM

blucher,

The cab and box will be coming off the frame, and the frame sand blasted and powder coated, and all new mounts.
Hope to get most of the rust at least.

blucher 04-21-2011 12:23 PM

Quote:

The cab and box will be coming off the frame
If you can do that you're set.

Britney 04-25-2011 03:57 PM

i have photoshop. i gotta drive to houston tonight and back to get my daughter. tomorrow when i get off work, ill photoshop it for ya. i did this same thing with my friends 67 buick before he painted it cherry red. he wanted to 'see' it painted before he committed. :]