CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   General City Discussion (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/general-city-discussion/)
-   -   Street Art? (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/general-city-discussion/street-art-21723/)

RiponredTJ 12-02-2011 06:53 PM

Street Art?

3 Attachment(s)
So where do you draw the line between street art and vandalism?
What makes street art good and what makes it bad?
Here's some Montreal street art I can live with.

RiponredTJ 12-02-2011 07:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This I don't like as much.

Austin 12-05-2011 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiponredTJ (Post 133026)
This I don't like as much.

Nor do I. I do appreciate the need to speak and be heard through the medium of your choice, I just wish it was done in a more acceptable way.

borisbob 12-15-2011 02:15 PM

1 Attachment(s)
everywhere the same ...

RiponredTJ 12-15-2011 07:15 PM

I like to find sweet pockets of culture and color like that.
It gives me hope for humanity.

Austin 12-19-2011 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiponredTJ (Post 133842)
I like to find sweet pockets of culture and color like that.
It gives me hope for humanity.

I already have hope. I look at it like this.

Every generation gets to define it's art, philosophy, what it means to be an adult, all of it, and this it seems is how the coming generation and a few others before it have decided to do it the same way.

It's people's art to be appreciate by the masses.

RiponredTJ 12-19-2011 06:45 PM

They just renovated a nice local grocery store in a village near our house and they put a really nice mural on a big blank wall facing the parking lot. It's a harvest theme and it's really quite nice. I need to take a picture.

Sideways 12-19-2011 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RiponredTJ
They just renovated a nice local grocery store in a village near our house and they put a really nice mural on a big blank wall facing the parking lot. It's a harvest theme and it's really quite nice. I need to take a picture.

Please do. I enjoy a good mural. Good being totally subjective. LOL. It must be getting cold up there so don't forget to wear your wooly hat when you go put for the pics. You know. The one with the gay pom pom.

RiponredTJ 12-22-2011 09:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The funny thing is it's not cold, and we have no snow. It's really quite pleasant.
I was doing some shopping in the village tonight and and took a couple of shots of the mural on the store.
It's actually a painting of the village that the store is located in.
I like it a lot.

Merry Christmas Pat, have a good one!

Sideways 12-23-2011 06:07 AM

That's great art. Would anyone rather see that on the side of a building or plain brick? Great pics. Thanks.
Best wishes and Happy Holidays to you and your family Alex and to everyone else on the forum.