CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   Washington (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/washington/)
-   -   Where do you Seattleites get your coffee? (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/washington/where-do-you-seattleites-get-your-coffee-2178/)

Pandora06 08-27-2010 10:02 AM

Where do you Seattleites get your coffee?

Starbucks is obviously a success, is there anything better in the coffee capital?

Cap'n Crunch Killa 08-29-2010 11:45 PM

I don't drink coffee but my wife likes Tullys or El Ladro. There is also
Seattle's Best, Torrefazone and about a million little coffee shops.

JoonHoss 08-30-2010 09:19 AM

everyone here hates on Starbucks something fierce, but it's hard to beat a cup of their Pike's on a chilly Seattle morning.

now if only you didn't have to go so far to find one downtown...

:D

Hoss

Pandora06 08-30-2010 10:26 AM

I know we have both a Starbucks and a Seattle's Best here locally. Which do you prefer out of the two? I prefer the small hole-in-the-wall shops myself, but that's just me!

Cap'n Crunch Killa 08-30-2010 04:08 PM

John it's 4XGore (or Mitch). I see you received a PM from Keith also. How much summer do you think we have left before we have those chilly Seattle days upon us? :D

JoonHoss 08-30-2010 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa (Post 9361)
John it's 4XGore (or Mitch). I see you received a PM from Keith also. How much summer do you think we have left before we have those chilly Seattle days upon us? :D

Hey Buddy!

it was pretty damned chilly this AM as I started pedaling in on my commute, can't be that far off now... sadly, I had to settle for a lukewarm cup o' lunchroom brew, as the work schedule was a bit tight today...

how goes the Jeepless life?

Hoss

Cap'n Crunch Killa 08-30-2010 05:35 PM

It goes. I picked up a 1978 VW Westfalia to fill the gap. I figured it would haul the kids better.
Yea I had to turn the heater on this weekend. My wife couldn't take it anymore. It's suppose to be wet tomorrow.......yea........ I guess summer is just about over.

JoonHoss 08-31-2010 09:30 AM

well, if'n ya happen to be outside in Seattle today, it is indeed a great day for a nicely brewed cup of Joe!

who's with me?

Hoss

bisjoe 09-20-2010 08:01 PM

Oddly I have not seen a Seattle's Best around here in years, I prefer Tully's over Starbuck's, but prefer to try the small independents. The ones I use near work on the waterfront is Uptown Espresso, or Peets down the road at Interbay.

Pandora06 09-22-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisjoe (Post 12797)
Oddly I have not seen a Seattle's Best around here in years, I prefer Tully's over Starbuck's, but prefer to try the small independents. The ones I use near work on the waterfront is Uptown Espresso, or Peets down the road at Interbay.

The small, hole-in the wall coffee shops I normally find to be a much more appealing venue as well.