CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   Texas (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/texas/)
-   -   Please give me one good reason to visit Texas (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/texas/please-give-me-one-good-reason-visit-texas-2471/)

JLCinLA 09-09-2010 02:06 AM

Please give me one good reason to visit Texas

I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.

oily 09-10-2010 08:43 AM

Gosh, there is so much to see. Knowing your interests would help.
Big Bend State Park is awesome. There is also the renowned McDonald observatory at Fort Davis very near there. Further east is San Antonio. A very beautiful city, 7th largest, which is a major tourist attraction. With sites such as the Alamo (and four other sister missions, on Mission Road), the River Walk, the Hemisphere Tower (built in 68 for the North American world's fair). San Antonio has many other attractions such as the #2 rated zoo in the United States, behind San Diego, if my information is still correct. Great museums and a very nice Chinese Tea Garden.
Texas also has pristine waterways, which are plentiful. We also have a beautiful coastline and coastal areas inlands.
Texas is also ethnically diverse with many communities rich with flavor from the originating countries. We have French, German, Irish, gosh, with all the rest I would need help being accurate. We of course do also have a heavy Mexican heritage, having won our independence from Mexico'
Texas is truly a destination state. My info will get you through the southern part. Further north you could see the Palo Duro Canyons which you could then go through the Amarillo area then on to Oklahoma and the mid west.
Again, knowing your interests, time frame, and route would better help us to help you.
Enjoy your tour.

sknowskier 09-23-2010 01:01 PM

What do you want to see? We've got desert, oceans, lakes, rivers, canyons, plains, swamps, forests, hills.... and the list goes on and on.

ls6tt 09-23-2010 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sknowskier (Post 14013)
What do you want to see? We've got desert, oceans, lakes, rivers, canyons, plains, swamps, forests, hills.... and the list goes on and on.

That in itself is a prime reason to visit Texas, we have everything here (well maybe a gulf, but close enough to an ocean).

Ive been to 50% of the states in the US, nothing beats Texas and Ill never leave it.

eclipseeqo 09-26-2010 12:16 PM

Dont come to Waco. Theres nothing here.. i hate it..i went to SanDeigo and LA last year and now want to live there.. the oceans are amazing unlike Corpus. If anything i would say go to austin..party city

balloo93 09-26-2010 06:19 PM

The best reason to visit Texas is, in all honesty, the Women.

mkendrick 09-29-2010 08:00 AM

The best reason to visit Texas is, in all honesty, the Beer!:D

Shiner, Tx.

spctrbytz 10-04-2010 03:44 PM

Plenty of variety and 99% of it you can accidently forget to lock your car at night and all your stuff is still there in the AM.

Rusticus 10-04-2010 04:48 PM

You can see for miles and miles in West Texas with nothing blocking your view.

hvacman 10-05-2010 08:11 AM

Got to be the River Walk in San Antonio. To me that is the best reason. The culture in that area is amazing.

Mrcarcrazy 10-07-2010 10:42 AM

You have a Jeep, there's some great offroading in central/east Texas.

Melissa in Texas 10-07-2010 07:10 PM

Bluebonnet Season!
https://img341.imageshack.us/img341/2...nnetsingle.jpg

HrToy 10-09-2010 06:28 PM

Lots of wheeling up in North and East Texas. I'll be glad to take you on the trails. Go for the awesome Tex-mex and steak as well as all the other stuff.
Dallas has a lot of great history, too.

grantsjeepcj5 10-09-2010 06:58 PM

I live in the Dallas Fortworth area, and I can say Fortworth stock yard and Billy Bobs (bar-concerts-rodeo all in one). Its a good tast of the good old, slightly modernized, SOUTH.

Realy with out knowing your interest I dont know where to begin. And I would like to second Big Bend a sight to see and a lot of wheeling throughout the state

offroadjoe1998 10-10-2010 03:32 PM

Without knowing what you're hoping to see on your America tour, it is difficult to tell you what you would like. So, I will tell you what I've always liked in my 36 years being here. The food (tex-mex is the BEST!). The beer (Shiner Beer is great, visit Shiner, TX and tour the brewery). The people (in general they're laid back and very nice, just ignore the people stuck in the big city lifestyle of Dallas and Houston). The women (only southern Cali has a higher percentage of very attractive women per capita). The land and its variety (I'm just NW of Ft. Worth and I can get into trails in the trees or the river or the sand or the rocks in 20 min.) The sense of pride of most of its natural born inhabitants (some get a bit cocky but for the most part it is just wonderful to see people take pride in their state and therefore take care of it). The hard working attitude and ingenuity of most of its people. The fun that can be had and the variety of life here. In one day you can see a cattle drive, ride a steam engine train, try some of the best wine in the country (straight from the vintners barrel), go see a foreign or independent film, go to a couple of the best museums in the country, see some great local live music (country, rock or jazz), do a little boot-scootin (aka country dancing) and have some great bbq, tex-mex, steaks or burgers... and that is just in Ft. Worth! If you come through Ft. Worth let me know, I'll show you around.

goff 10-11-2010 10:26 PM

plenty of wheeling and good ol' southern hospitaltiy

RedRaider 10-14-2010 07:30 PM

Don't forget Prarie Dog town in Lubbock!:)

AKeate 10-15-2010 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by balloo93 (Post 15305)
The best reason to visit Texas is, in all honesty, the Women.

It's the truth. The only thing more beautiful than the scenery is our women!

jpgringo23 10-15-2010 09:21 PM

I vote for the women, stock yards in Fort Worth and the river walk in San Antonio.

kellysmith 10-20-2010 06:54 AM

Nicest people in the country. Awesome music. And like someone above said, our women.

A5Mag12 10-25-2010 10:17 PM

I can't think on one good reason to visit texas. Other than how good it will feel to leave.

kellysmith 10-26-2010 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A5Mag12 (Post 30949)
I can't think on one good reason to visit texas. Other than how good it will feel to leave.

You ain't from around here, are you? :D

Austin 10-26-2010 10:21 AM

Quote:

Do you spend a lot of time in Louisiana then?

A5Mag12 10-26-2010 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin (Post 31099)
Do you spend a lot of time in Louisiana then?

As much as possible.

Melissa in Texas 10-26-2010 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysmith (Post 31095)

Thank you! That made me laugh!

A5Mag12 10-26-2010 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kellysmith (Post 31095)

If I was I'd lie about it.

nitronate 10-28-2010 12:43 PM

sounds like someone needs to change their diaper.

alwaysbrokegirl 10-29-2010 01:07 AM

Cause everythings BIGGER in Texas!! lol.. ;-)

Big hats, big boots, BIG trucks, a huge Burger called the "Bubba Burger", you can buy a glass of tea buy the bucket full..... the list goes on!

I love Texas but don't care much for the super hot summers. :/

HrToy 10-29-2010 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A5Mag12 (Post 31234)

What else do you lie about?

Just asking.

kellysmith 10-29-2010 09:35 AM

Quote:

Ohhhhh, sounds like the aliens forgot to remove the probe. :eek:

richardnorton 11-05-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Well Jack Wagon I can't think of a single thing keeping you here, you are free to leave and I promise none of us will cry over you when you are gone. so Please just leave already and stop bitchin'

tenfeathers 11-05-2010 05:10 PM

There's the Texas Ranger Museum & me of course I like free beer.

tenfeathers 11-06-2010 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by richardnorton (Post 34750)
Well Jack Wagon I can't think of a single thing keeping you here, you are free to leave and I promise none of us will cry over you when you are gone. so Please just leave already and stop bitchin'

LOL!!!!! I never would encourage a person that wasn't born in Texas to stay here, we most likely didn't invite them anyway and are glad to see them go
jst my 2cts

skays1 11-07-2010 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eclipseeqo (Post 15199)
Dont come to Waco. Theres nothing here.. i hate it..i went to SanDeigo and LA last year and now want to live there.. the oceans are amazing unlike Corpus. If anything i would say go to austin..party city

Texas Ranger museum (the real rangers not the baseball team, but still woohoo rangers :P)

skays1 11-07-2010 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JLCinLA (Post 10798)
I would like to plan a tour of the U.S.A.
Would you help me decide where to go by giving us one good reason to visit your State.

Come out here in April/May for a show you will never forget, Texas LEADS the world in tornadoes (sorry Okies we have you beat)

In addition our roadside cuisine (gas station food) is the best you can find anywhere and indeed warrants its OWN trip to sample everything. From authentic German style sausage and chesses around Nocona and Muenster to home made jerky and smoked venison at Comanche and Ranger, Texas' roadside dining is second to none! Also Stop in to Glenn Rose for a unique BBQ treat!

skays1 11-07-2010 02:36 PM

Quote:

Leave now and never return, you are unfit for the land of Texas, may Chuck Norris throw your bed into the Rio Grande with you in it!

TANSTAAFB 11-19-2010 02:10 AM

What I like about Texas...

You will, unfortunately, have to ignore the parts about cultural exchange... we really gotta take our border back, haven't been drunk in Mexico in ages:D

pselck 11-24-2010 01:08 AM

West Texas is beautiful in it's vastness and flatness. If you like the old west, find somewhere to take a horseback ride and experience it!

BlueXJ 11-25-2010 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TANSTAAFB (Post 40171)
YouTube - What I like about Texas

You will, unfortunately, have to ignore the parts about cultural exchange... we really gotta take our border back, haven't been drunk in Mexico in ages:D

Could be crossing into Lousiana for some "CAJUN" culture or even into Oklahoma.

extexanwannabe 11-29-2010 02:33 PM

Or just to say that you've been here...not everyone has...but really everyone wants to