CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   Washington (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/washington/)
-   -   Best places you have found to eat? (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/washington/best-places-you-have-found-eat-2538/)

Bender 09-10-2010 05:44 PM

Best places you have found to eat?

Could be Mom n' Pop or well known. I like BBQ as I am a displaced southern boy. Where is good for BBQ?

b3nj4m1n 09-20-2010 04:19 PM

i've been meaning to try the burgers at this place Jak's Grill i heard they're delicious aand they were named #3 best burger in the US in men's fitness magazine..

bisjoe 09-20-2010 07:49 PM

The only decent BBQ I have had around here was at Dixie's in Bellevue.

If you are up I5 from Marysville to the border there's a small chain along I5 with great burgers, Bob's Burgers & Brew (good beer too).

Bender 09-20-2010 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisjoe (Post 12790)
The only decent BBQ I have had around here was at Dixie's in Bellevue.

If you are up I5 from Marysville to the border there's a small chain along I5 with great burgers, Bob's Burgers & Brew (good beer too).

We just got a Bob's here. The burgers are outstanding. I get the double every time.

jeepster425 09-22-2010 05:30 PM

hooters is somewhat good haha.

bisjoe 09-22-2010 07:59 PM

This thread is about the food, not the staff!:rolleyes:

Bender 09-22-2010 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisjoe (Post 13486)
This thread is about the food, not the staff!:rolleyes:

Meh, that particular establishments standards have gotten considerably lower than in the past years .

Bender 09-22-2010 09:25 PM

Also for teryaki, Chungs in Silverdale is the absolute best. Hong Kong noodles with chicken:drool:

roguecj 09-23-2010 08:36 PM

Maltby Cafe is probably the best yuppie cafe I've ever been to.

Cap'n Crunch Killa 09-30-2010 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by b3nj4m1n (Post 12683)
i've been meaning to try the burgers at this place Jak's Grill i heard they're delicious aand they were named #3 best burger in the US in men's fitness magazine..

I've been to the one on Saind Point Way and the stake's are great. I never had a buger there.

Cap'n Crunch Killa 09-30-2010 11:09 AM

My favorite place for a nice evening with my wife or friends from out of town is
Ristorante Machiavelli - Seattle, WA. It's small, doesn't take reservations and reasonably priced. The foods good and I've never had a complaint. There's even a parking lot across the street and if you're familiar with Capitol Hill you know how valuable that is.

XJ99 09-30-2010 06:21 PM

Not BBQ, but I used to like The Old Spaghetti Factory.

bisjoe 09-30-2010 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ99 (Post 16675)
Not BBQ, but I used to like The Old Spaghetti Factory.

I work across the street and eat lunch there at times, not really special but decent. A couple of blocks away is Anthony's if you want great seafood.

The Maltby cafe is a Yuppie stronghold, roguecj, with long, long lines, but the best breakfast in Western Washington if you are not in a hurry.

XJ99 09-30-2010 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisjoe (Post 16720)
I work across the street and eat lunch there at times, not really special but decent.

I left in the 80's, so some things may have changed.
I remember Shakey's had some really good pizza!
I loved the smell when you walked in to one of their
pizzerias. I remember they didn't skimp on toppings.
I wonder if they're still the same?

We're planning a trip up there to Burien, and we'll
stay at my brother's. I can't wait to see my old
stomping grounds in Maple Valley! :D

jizzmak 10-02-2010 06:06 PM

The bottom of the rock in Bellevue, good food and great beer

bisjoe 10-02-2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XJ99 (Post 16751)
I left in the 80's, so some things may have changed.
I remember Shakey's had some really good pizza!
I loved the smell when you walked in to one of their
pizzerias. I remember they didn't skimp on toppings.
I wonder if they're still the same?

We're planning a trip up there to Burien, and we'll
stay at my brother's. I can't wait to see my old
stomping grounds in Maple Valley! :D

I haven't seen a Shakey's in years, but heard there's one in Renton and another in Maple Valley. We don't get down that way much.

Any good places for a nice dinner in the Silverdale/Poulsbo area? We'll be over there tomorrow.

Bender 10-02-2010 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bisjoe (Post 17360)
I haven't seen a Shakey's in years, but heard there's one in Renton and another in Maple Valley. We don't get down that way much.

Any good places for a nice dinner in the Silverdale/Poulsbo area? We'll be over there tomorrow.

Yes one of my favorites is Silver City in Silverdale. They are also a brewery and have fantastic beer. Favorite dish would be smoked salmon pasta, the best I have had. For drink get a sampler and try all the beers so you can decide what to get a pint of. Ridgetop Red and Panther Lake Porter are my 2 choices. Or of the seasonals, or there multi award winning Woop.(used to be woop *** ale but name was changed over TM dispute) Really you cant go wrong with anything there.

bisjoe 10-02-2010 09:07 PM

Thanks for that tip, that pasta sounds great and I'm a big fan of microbrew.

JoonHoss 10-04-2010 02:32 PM

t-town area, the Pick-Quick drive-in...

Pick Quick

MMMMM!

Green River soda on tap!

Hoss

b3nj4m1n 10-04-2010 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cap'n Crunch Killa (Post 16509)
I've been to the one on Saind Point Way and the stake's are great. I never had a buger there.

well i tried to go to that one this weekend to try the burgers but they got some funky hours.. they're open for lunch then close for a couple hours then open again for dinner... i got there between the two =\

i'll try again this weekend...

Or99tj 10-04-2010 09:58 PM

Steakburger in Vancouver is small but fun.

sparctacus 10-04-2010 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bender (Post 11136)
Could be Mom n' Pop or well known. I like BBQ as I am a displaced southern boy. Where is good for BBQ?

Where are you located?

I can recommend Dixie's BBQ in Bellevue. It's as south as it gets.

Sproocket 10-05-2010 03:50 PM

Double Barrel BBQ in Burlington

doorprize 10-06-2010 02:53 PM

Best breakfast in the far northwest is Bellingham's best kept secret. The Little Cheerful Cafe has great food and a better atmosphere than most. You can't beat it and if your there on Sat. you can catch our great farmers market

sparctacus 10-07-2010 01:09 AM

Jaks in Issaquah?

jea 10-08-2010 12:53 AM

BY FAR the best burgers in town are at 2 places 5 Guys https://www.fiveguys.com AND Redmill Burgers www.redmillburgers.com

As for Italian/Pizza for Atmosphere and tasty-ness I really like Italian Spaghetti House & Pizzeria Yelp.com citysearch.com They must be doing something right .. because they have been there for about 50 years

VooDuuChild 10-08-2010 02:16 PM

May not be BBQ, may not be the best, but in the Greater Seattle area, Dick's Drive In is a staple. They're open till 2am, every day; I'm not even sure they close for Christmas. I'll have a Deluxe, fries, two tarters and a coke.....dang I'm hungry.

Rexryman 10-08-2010 10:15 PM

The totem in Everett. It's just a dinner but the bardge challenge is about 5 lbs of food and amazing!

carnuck 10-08-2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VooDuuChild (Post 21877)
May not be BBQ, may not be the best, but in the Greater Seattle area, Dick's Drive In is a staple. They're open till 2am, every day; I'm not even sure they close for Christmas. I'll have a Deluxe, fries, two tarters and a coke.....dang I'm hungry.

Dicks used to be awesome, but not so much anymore.
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y209/carnuck/photo.jpg
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ck/photo-2.jpg
Don't eat there too often though or you will have trouble with the size of your
https://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y20...ck/photo-1.jpg

Just past the town of Gold Bar on Hwy 2. (almost a mile past the turn to Reiter Trails)

For other stuff, the Old Spaghetti factory in Lynnwood is good for family outings.
13 coins is above and beyond the best for fancy dining though.

And for REAL Texas BBQ made with REAL Mequite by REAL Texans, check out the Old School (bus) on Hwy 2 about 3 miles east of Monroe (right in front of the Reptile zoo)

mishkajb 10-13-2010 08:16 AM

Back when I was in college at EWU, Stageline Pizza had great pizza and this awesome sandwich called a Chuckwagon. The cheese sticks were good too. The last time I was in Spokane, I made a special trip out to Cheney to get a sandwich and share with my family. Definitely worth the drive!

sparctacus 10-13-2010 11:47 AM

This reminds me of scaleburger in Elbe. There's also a pizza joint across the street in a rail car that is also good. Lots of good wheeling at Elbe too! (have I said that already? :-))

jea 10-14-2010 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mishkajb (Post 23635)
Back when I was in college at EWU, Stageline Pizza had great pizza and this awesome sandwich called a Chuckwagon. The cheese sticks were good too. The last time I was in Spokane, I made a special trip out to Cheney to get a sandwich and share with my family. Definitely worth the drive!

Than you for that! I'll be taking a trip over there mid next year so i will defiantly check it out

roadrashninja 10-15-2010 10:28 AM

If you live in Olympia, it's a small restaurant called The Iron Rabbit. Makes awesome food and cute waitresses/bartenders that know how to make a drink. Owned by a local guy,

mykee50 10-15-2010 03:22 PM

Breakfast (weekends only) Doofers' Tavern, Renton
BBQ, Stan's, Issaquah (He's a Chief's fan, but he's from there, so it's OK)
Steak, The Melrose, Renton, or Jak's, Issaquah
Fish, Anthony's or Salty's
Chinease, South China, Newcastle
Pasta, Jay Berrys Cafe, Renton

Good eatin' Mike

McBrando 10-15-2010 04:25 PM

Five Guys Burgers

Hands Down!!!

McBrando

warbi 10-15-2010 05:38 PM

For decent Italian in the Tri-Cities area we like Bella Italia. The food isn't world-class cuisine, but it is nice, homey food, good ambience, and friendly folk.

Gibbs 10-21-2010 05:12 PM

2 places come to mind... well, more than that really. There was a superb pizz place in West Seattle, on California Ave called Bison Creek Pizza. They were great. Also I love Skippers and also Ivar's Acres of Clams.

Bender 10-22-2010 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McBrando (Post 26127)
Five Guys Burgers

Hands Down!!!

McBrando

Where is a five guys!! We have those back home in MD but I have not seen them here, only in southern utah and kalifornia. Five guys has the best fries of the burger joints, but in-n-out takes the burger prize.

carnuck 10-22-2010 11:49 PM

If you are in Lynnwood and have a craving for greek food,
Gyro Delight
4029 196th SW
Lynnwood, WA
is AWESOME! Souvlaki, baclava, NY style Gyros.

LaurelsCrown 10-25-2010 09:38 PM

Country Boys BBQ - Cashmere

The absolute best BBQ - we have yet to find a place to beat it. Mom & Pop operation, Tuesday thru Saturday. When you get to Cashmere from Blewett or Stevens it is the main street exit from the highway (cross the bridge with the apple box decor). Nothing better than the Bluegrass Festival, 3rd weekend in June with a visit to Country Boys!