CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   Off Topic (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/off-topic/)
-   -   Do you have too many hobbies? (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/off-topic/do-you-have-too-many-hobbies-3933/)

ncreptile 10-18-2010 11:56 AM

Do you have too many hobbies?
 
2 Years ago my hobbies were Computer Gaming/Builing and Milsurp Firearms.

Now my list as grown to
Guns,Computer Gaming,Jeeps,Mountain Biking and Tattoos(and no I do not look or plan to look like a biker).

Sure some are better than others :P But wow for a middle class person surviving on a part time job it sure is hard to choose which ones come first!!

If you have a serious hobby you know you cant choose your favorites and totally neglect the others without feeling annoyed.


So what hobbies do you have?
And beer drinking does not count.:rolleyes:

bisjoe 10-18-2010 02:15 PM

I don't have as much trouble affording my hobbies as I do having time for them.
In order of time I spend on them:

Bonsai
Gardening
Hiking
Laser cut/engraving crafts
Woodworking
Stained Glass
Home renovation
Fishing

littlejeep 10-18-2010 02:22 PM

I don't know if I have too many hobbies, or if my hobbies just require too much time & money......

Jeeps & working on cars
Free Masonry
wood working
welding / fabricating junk
Home improvement projects
and of course living on the computer :eek:

TJinWV 10-18-2010 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ncreptile (Post 27498)
2 Years ago my hobbies were Computer Gaming/Builing and Milsurp Firearms.

Now my list as grown to
Guns,Computer Gaming,Jeeps,Mountain Biking and Tattoos(and no I do not look or plan to look like a biker).

Sure some are better than others :P But wow for a middle class person surviving on a part time job it sure is hard to choose which ones come first!!

If you have a serious hobby you know you cant choose your favorites and totally neglect the others without feeling annoyed.


So what hobbies do you have?
And beer drinking does not count.:rolleyes:

I had most of the same hobbies as you, except tattoos, and I'm a console gamer rather than computer gamer. But I'm a software developer, so I'm on a computer seemingly around the clock. Then throw in a muscle car, hunting and fishing, most sports, homebrewing, banjo, and RC cars for good measure. Then introduce wife and kids, and they all seem to disappear. :cool: Now I hardly even have time to work on the jeep.

ncreptile 10-18-2010 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJinWV (Post 27589)
I had most of the same hobbies as you, except tattoos, and I'm a console gamer rather than computer gamer. But I'm a software developer, so I'm on a computer seemingly around the clock. Then throw in a muscle car, hunting and fishing, most sports, homebrewing, banjo, and RC cars for good measure. Then introduce wife and kids, and they all seem to disappear. :cool: Now I hardly even have time to work on the jeep.

Oh the ex took care of my "gun collection" in short order. Gonna have to rebuild that if/when I enlist.:confused::D

I never could get used to console gaming, im to lazy to switch from a laptop to the tv I like em all and one.

jeepcache 10-18-2010 04:02 PM

not trying to whine, but i used to. now my main hobby is work D:

helicase50 10-18-2010 04:21 PM

Yeah and certain ones suffer at different times.

Jeeps, Roller Derby, Racing (two wheels or four), Motorcycles, Tattoos, Piercings, Guns/shooting, Dog Training (scent work, like drugs and tracking), Snowboarding, random building around the house.

I used to be into stunting heavy not so much anymore

red_grand 10-18-2010 06:20 PM

Many hobbies and no money for some reason:confused:

TJinWV 10-19-2010 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by helicase50 (Post 27699)
Yeah and certain ones suffer at different times.

Jeeps, Roller Derby, Racing (two wheels or four), Motorcycles, Tattoos, Piercings, Guns/shooting, Dog Training (scent work, like drugs and tracking), Snowboarding, random building around the house.

I used to be into stunting heavy not so much anymore

stunting?

https://www.angelfire.com/ill/bitethe...ot_Stuntaz.jpg

helicase50 10-19-2010 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJinWV (Post 28067)

Can't see the pic but yeah, motorcycle stunting. Now I only do it once in a while and I it hurts more when I fall and crash.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:02 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.