CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   Florida (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/florida/)
-   -   Open Carry w/ Rick Scott (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/florida/open-carry-w-rick-scott-4229/)

ihopeiwin 10-30-2010 08:17 AM

Open Carry w/ Rick Scott

If Rick Scott wins do you think he will legalize open carry?
If so, how long before he does so?
Thanks
-Jason

lsmurphy 11-01-2010 06:28 AM

Aint' ever gonna happen. I have followed that race very little but......having lived in the Tampa area for more than 40 years.....ain't ever....

The Florida you know today is not the Florida of say 30 years ago....used to be a great state, not anymore.

Scott

cthompson54 11-04-2010 04:34 PM

Open carry in Sunshine State

I also agree it'll never happen here. When the original CC legislation was passed it provided for open carry along with revised shall issue provisions. It was quickly, I mean quickly revised to disallow open carry. Things were a lot different back then, I truely don't see it happening. Do wish it would though. Ct.

BrowningHP 11-10-2010 06:03 PM

All indications are he will.

Keep your fingers crossed.

TheDom 11-15-2010 08:00 PM

Hooray civics: governor can't legalize anything. He can certainly pressure the legislature into doing something, but I don't imagine any governor would take on OC as a pet issue. That being said, if the legislature actually passed a bill legalizing it, I doubt Scott would veto it. Fingers crossed here too. ; )

rico1931 11-19-2010 07:40 AM

agreed.. plus conceal carry is more fun :) .. the look on their face when you pull out your piece .. haha classic..

mattbatson 11-23-2010 01:03 PM

I dont know if open carry is as good as concealed.

with open everyone knows you are carrying.
When you stand in line at a restaurant or convenience store you will have people behind you who can see your gun and can make a grab for it.

I think it is better to keep it hidden, especially from a tactical sense.

cthompson54 11-26-2010 07:48 AM

My kids live in Arizona, get to visit often. Open carry took a little getting used to seeing at first. Mostly older men and bikers. Flew out in mid October pre scanner, TSA was awful then, can't imagine what it's like now! Ct

mikecu 11-28-2010 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbatson (Post 43683)

When you stand in line at a restaurant or convenience store you will have people behind you who can see your gun and can make a grab for it.

I agree with MattBatson on this topic. We don't need to create targets for criminals.

mikecu 11-28-2010 04:59 PM

What would be Scott's motivation to push for open carry?

Standby 11-29-2010 11:45 AM

It would be interesting, but I doubt it.

Mel16m 01-27-2011 08:50 PM

Open carry would be nice, however, I would still conceal mine probably most of the time

TBailey 02-03-2011 03:40 PM

Greg Evers crrently as an open carry bill in the works.

bigjoe611 02-05-2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheDom (Post 37662)
I don't imagine any governor would take on OC as a pet issue.

No he is ruining pension plans instead.:ontopic:

I don't think we will see OC :gun:

amylewis 02-08-2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mattbatson (Post 43683)

I totally agree with you here Matt! I did open carry in AZ, and it was a neat experience, but I knew I had to be aware at all times who might be able to come up behind me and grab for my piece, and keep myself positioned so that no one got the chance.

I think concealed carry makes a lot more sense. I had my CCW when I lived back in California, and look forward to getting one here too.

Amy