CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums

CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/)
-   West Virginia (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/west-virginia/)
-   -   homebrewing??? (https://www.cityprofile.com/forum/west-virginia/homebrewing-6255/)

jamesd 12-11-2010 02:50 PM

homebrewing???

Anyone on here into homebrewing?? Started about a year ago christmas. Another gift my wife gave me!! Its a great addiction, i mean hobby!!!

muffman 12-11-2010 03:49 PM

Me and my bro-in-law homebrew. It is a great hobby. I love the end results especially.

What are you brewing at the moment?

machinelf 12-15-2010 11:55 AM

I love brewing! Me and the wife do it together--she's creates the best recipes, it's amazing. We have a sweet stout we need to bottle and some brown ale to consume/make more of...

JSSTR8 12-29-2010 03:47 AM

I have brewed for about two years now. Huntington actually has a pretty active homebrew community. One "official" group and a few unofficial ones. I haven't had time to be very active outside the home (9 month old), but plan to be more active in the near future.

xice 12-29-2010 11:04 AM

I live up in the morgantown area and am trying to get started brewing. Just haven't had the right combination of time/money while being a college student. i was hoping to get more into the odd stuff you don't see around. Mead, gruit ales and the like. I have the Pappazian book on brewing and have seen many ideas I want to try. Anyone else in the morgantown area?

TJinWV 01-03-2011 09:03 AM

xice (and others), check out the West Virginia Craft Beer Appreciation Society website. It has a forum section, as well.

Also, there is a WV Homebrewers Society meeting every third Thursday of the month at Morgantown Brewing company. The contact person for the event has a WVU email address, too - Homebrewers Club Meeting

sprad42183 01-12-2011 04:31 PM

I haven't done any but sure would like too, is there any starter kits or any tips for some one gretting ready to try it for the first time?

dagr8tim 01-12-2011 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJinWV (Post 65148)
xice (and others), check out the West Virginia Craft Beer Appreciation Society website. It has a forum section, as well.

Also, there is a WV Homebrewers Society meeting every third Thursday of the month at Morgantown Brewing company. The contact person for the event has a WVU email address, too - Homebrewers Club Meeting

TJinWV, do you homebrew?

TJinWV 01-13-2011 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dagr8tim (Post 68430)
TJinWV, do you homebrew?

Unfortunately no. One of those hobbies that I have the desire to take up, but neither the time nor the money. :( I have a couple friends that brew, and enjoy sampling their wares. :) Kevin (WVHeep) used to - not sure if he still does now that he's got a family or not.

dagr8tim 01-13-2011 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJinWV (Post 68891)
Unfortunately no. One of those hobbies that I have the desire to take up, but neither the time nor the money. :( I have a couple friends that brew, and enjoy sampling their wares. :) Kevin (WVHeep) used to - not sure if he still does now that he's got a family or not.

I completely understand. I'd love to get into brewing, but have too many distractions already.