Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-31-2010, 07:36 AM  

Anderson, SC
Best Restaurant in Chapel Hill

I plan to visit Chapel Hill this winter. Could someone give me a heads-up on a "must visit" restaurant?

Old 11-01-2010, 03:30 PM  

Chapel Hill, NC
I'm a big fan of Tyler's Taproom in Carrboro. Great food and an excellent beer selection.

Old 11-02-2010, 05:48 AM  

Morrisville, NC
I'm a beer guy, so I vote for the breweries. Carolina Brewery has great beer, and pretty decent food, and Top of the Hill has great food and ok beer. It does tend to get a bit crowded at night when school is in session however. Even worse when there's a basketball game on. Just my $.02
Old 11-03-2010, 07:28 AM  

Chapel Hill, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeeordye11 View Post
I'm a beer guy, so I vote for the breweries. Carolina Brewery has great beer, and pretty decent food, and Top of the Hill has great food and ok beer. It does tend to get a bit crowded at night when school is in session however. Even worse when there's a basketball game on. Just my $.02
I find Top of the Hill to be very overrated. Their food is good, but overpriced. As for the beer, I make better at home. It's something of a Chapel Hill tradition, so I guess they have that going for them, in addition to the fact that they probably have the best location in town.
Old 11-03-2010, 01:03 PM  

Cary, NC
We ate at 411 West for our anniversary. It was fine but not quite as "nice" as I expected. Spice Market looks very nice and a little more expensive.

For desserts go to Sugarland.

flamtap
Old 11-05-2010, 06:17 PM  

Anderson, SC
Sugarland!!???...great name for desserts!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-15-2010, 08:44 PM  

Hillsborough, NC
Ideas for Dinner in Chapel Hill

Penang - Malaysian and Thai
Saffron - Indian
Lantern - Asian
Mediterranean Deli - Mediterranean & Greek
Talulla's - Turkish

For a start...

Cheers,

Brad
Old 11-16-2010, 06:27 AM  

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
I'll have to throw out a place that doesn't have it in terms of atmosphere, but kills it on food. Wingman in Carrboro. It's a little run down wing place, but I'll be darned if they don't have some of the best wings that I've ever tasted.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:59 AM  

Raleigh, NC
I love Med Deli, 411 is good but not as nice as it should be. There was a great italian place near it (next to the record store), forgot the name though.
Old 11-18-2010, 09:07 AM  

Chapel Hill, NC
Acme in carrboro is really good for something a little nicer but still casual. Also for BBQ allen and son on millhouse.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.