Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 PM  

Washington, DC
I also forgot to mention Brixx in Meadowmont, Chapel Hill. Fantastic wood-fire pizza and a great rotating beer list with something in the neighborhood of 40 beers on tap from micros all over the country. Wait staff knows what they're talking about too.

Old 11-23-2010, 09:31 AM  

Cameron, NC
+1 for Fullsteam. Great guys and last time I was there we showed up for a tasting late but they took us back anyway and gave us some samples and quick tour.

Triangle Brewery: This place is in the middle of Durham. Almost sketchy area but they have a brewery tour I believe first Saturday of the month. Last time I went the tour went something like this..arrived, ID check and received pint glass. Owner:"Welcome drink as much as you like". Played cornhole and pingpong and drank straight for 30 min FOR FREE. 20min brewery tour followed by more drinks and cornhole. Purchased a corny keg and the one sober person (not by choice) took us home. Hopefully they still run their tours the same!

Place for drinks and eats: City Beverage in shopping center at the corner of Garrett and Hope Valley Rd. Huge beer selection and good food. Their garlic fries are awesome and they had some great BBQ Chicken Nachos.

Old 11-24-2010, 07:32 AM  

Raleigh, NC
+1 Aviator in Fuquay. Mark is a really nice, down-to-earth guy who loves to talk shop with anyone interested. Great beer, worth the drive out.
Old 12-01-2010, 12:46 PM  

State College, PA
carolina brewery and carolina brewing company (different companies)
Old 12-02-2010, 10:55 AM  

Hillsborough, nc
+1 on both the Federal and any Tylers location. If you ever find yourself in Hillsborough check out the Wooden Nickle.

Cheers.
Old 12-02-2010, 12:55 PM  

Raleigh, NC
I enjoy Carolina Ale Houses. Decent food and a good selection of beers (I visit the Wake Forest location). They also do $2.50 pint nights which make my wallet happy.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:02 PM  

Cary, NC
+1 for Big Boss. Love going out there and they brew some of my all time favorite beers.
Old 12-02-2010, 01:45 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Lone Rider in Raleigh has some great brews as does Big Boss. The scenery at Boylan Bridge is one of the best in the area imo. They've got tasty brews and good food as well.
Old 12-08-2010, 04:35 PM  

Raleigh, North Carolina
Lone Rider has started to make some decent brews. Improved on their consistency. They have a tap room out near the Angus Barn, but no food.

Big Boss has a good selection of beers at their taproom, no food. A few friends and I have had some negative experiences with the staff. Too cool for school kinda thing.

Natty Greenes pub in downtown Raleigh has a large selection of pub brews as well as other local beers. They also have a good pub menu with some beer pairings. Classic pub style.

Aviator has a taproom in Fuquay-Varina. I've tried their beers which are quite good but have yet to venture to their taproom to try their eats

The Roth Brewery (out near Lonerider off 70) is a small brewery (2bbl system) that is still working out the kinks. Very small taproom, kinda dark, no food. Minor issues with draft system leaving some beers somewhat flat.

check out NCBeer.org: North Carolina's beer guide. for a complete listing of NC breweries and brewpubs
Old 12-12-2010, 05:43 PM  

Raleigh, NC
For sure go do the tour at Carolina Brewing CO in Holly Springs. I would not advise going on a hot summer day though, as the warehouse gets HOT at 1pm.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!