Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login

Old 12-21-2010, 04:42 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALoder View Post
Lone Rider has started to make some decent brews. Improved on their consistency. They have a tap room out near the Angus Barn, but no food.
They don't serve food directly but they typically have a truck there that offers food. They have a limited release beer right now called Belle Star that's excellent. The hours can be kinda tough though only being open Thursday through Saturday. It was crazy there this past Saturday but otherwise it's typically 20-30 people tops.

LoneRider: Ales for Outlaws

Woody

Old 12-22-2010, 09:42 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Big boss!!!!!

Old 12-23-2010, 01:12 PM  

Raleigh, NC
two of my favorite places for good food and beers in downtown Raleigh are the Busy Bee Cafe and the Raleigh Times Bar
Old 12-27-2010, 10:35 AM  

Cary
Pubs

My two most important items are good local/craft beer and then Dart Boards, good food would be a welcome plus.

If Im downtown, my favorite is Natty Greenes they have all three including a brewpub with great craft beer, Napper tandys doesnt have have a brewpub but they have everything else, Then the Flying Saucer again doesn't have the brewpub but great beers.

If I'm in Cary it would be the upper deck (kind of a dive bar), good food and beer, or Rally Point for the same benefits.

Wake forest it would be O'Mulligans, good beer and food and darts.
Old 12-28-2010, 06:14 PM  

Durham, North Carolina
great place for local brew nothing being made around here is bad, some better than others obviously, Im part of the NC brewers guild, great source for everything local... asheville is booming for beer too
Favorite NC breweries Foothills, French Broad and Aviator right now, both have solid line of beers and quality seasonals
Old 12-28-2010, 08:17 PM  

Raleigh, Nc
You cant go wrong with Flying Saucer. Tons of beer and the Cheboygan Side by side~ giggity- goo
Big Boss has a pretty chill taproom- you can get takeout delivered there for food, but the beer and atmosphere is what you should go for. The Aces & Ates Coffee Stout is sick! Cherry Bomb Grill is is pretty beer friendly, and if you love Belgians- def. check out The Raleigh Times. If you need food too- try the Busy Bee Cafe. All in Raleigh- safer than Durham!
Old 12-29-2010, 08:33 AM  

New Bern, NC
the Pour House was always a favorite of mine. Good people and good music. Oh yeah, and Mug Night!
Old 12-29-2010, 12:08 PM  

Cary
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullcityhomebrew View Post
There's some new breweries that are going to be coming online soon too.

Mystery Brewing
Mystery Brewing Company, LLC

Bull City Burger & Brewery
http://www.bullcityburgerandbrewery.com/

Durham's a great place to be for beer!
This is great, there are so many breweries/brewpubs in the area, I could hope to visit them all. On top of that, I make my own, and personally I think mine are better then most. ;-) Hell I guess in a few months I could call my house a brewpub, we are moving and Im setting up a brewstation and wet bar in the finished basement with darts, maybe a pool table is in the future.
Old 01-06-2011, 04:46 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Since others have mentioned places that aren't strictly brewpubs, should checkout the Village Draft House in Cameron Village in Raleigh. Hard to beat 99 beers on tap... Food is decent too.

Along the same lines, Player's retreat has a decent selection, decent food, and the best single malt collection in the area.
Old 01-07-2011, 06:37 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Our own VisitNC has a list of North Carolina Brews & Breweries along with a map to get you there.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!