Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login

Old 09-08-2010, 10:28 PM  

Greenville, North Carolina
Favorite thing about RTP!

Pretty shocked no RTP posts from anyone here yet. I can't quite say I live in the RTP area anymore... I moved to Greenville, N.C. about a month ago. Thought I'd break the mold... whats ur favorite thing about RTP... I'll start.

I favorite thing about the RTP area is that all of my 2nd favorite things are within a 15 minute drive in any direction to get to, lol.

aj

Old 09-22-2010, 03:15 PM  

Durham, NC
That is definately the best thing about this area. You can find litterally anything you need within an hour. I mean ANYTHING!

Old 09-24-2010, 10:45 PM  

Knightdale, NC
Yes I agree....

I have lived here in the Raleigh area since 1998 after getting out of the Navy. I was originally from South Carolina. I must admit, at first I thought the area seemed a bit slow. I was in San Diego for a few years and that town never really sleeps. But after I traveled around the area and got used to it I fell in love with it. The beaches, the mountains, the people all kinda grew on me. There is always something you can do around here and everything is close by. My job has me all over North Carolina from coast to coast and i enjoy all of it. Now if we just had the right Governor in this state...............
Old 09-28-2010, 12:11 PM  

Charlotte, NC
It's less than an hour from Kerr Lake! Love that lake.
Old 09-28-2010, 03:21 PM  

Durham, NC
Less than 3 hours to the mountains or the ocean, it is great
Old 09-29-2010, 01:31 PM  

Raleigh, North Carolina
Yeah this area is growing fast. It is the perfect spot to do things with small drive times. Plus one of the 5 places to get 4g speed for cell phones. Thank you RTP.
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM  

Wilson, NC
Lot's of sports within an hour drive.
Hurricanes
Bulls
Mudcats
Unc
State
Duke
Old 10-06-2010, 01:19 PM  

Raleigh, NC
it's cheap compared to other big(ish) cities in the region

i have a townhome to myself for less than i paid to share a 2 bedroom apartment in DC with 2 other guys

also the fact that winter isn't that bad is a plus. could deal without the 100+ degree augusts, but whatever
Old 10-06-2010, 02:50 PM  

Mebane, NC
the PERFECT location. close to everything! I am from Mebane which is about 40 minutes away but i have been to raleigh many times. great place
Old 10-06-2010, 04:42 PM  

raleigh, nc
Employment opportunities.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!