Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login

Old 12-23-2010, 01:17 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Fishing Holes

I live in the N. Raleigh/Wake Forest area and I'm looking for a few good spots to fish close by.

I recently was gifted a fly rod, so a clean and slow moving river or stream would be ideal--but I'm open to any suggestions (I have a casting reel too).

Old 12-28-2010, 12:37 PM  

Asheville, NC
I used to fish at Centennial campus, but that was 12 years ago. I don't think I would even recognize it now.

Old 01-16-2011, 02:22 PM  
teg

Raleigh, NC
Actually, Centennial campus or better to say Lake Raleigh isn't bad. Boat launch, dock and parking. No gas motors, just electric. But it's not North Raleigh...
Old 01-23-2011, 06:09 PM  

If your into fly fishing, the Eno River Parks are great places to try. Largemouth Bass, Roanoke bass and bream. It's one of the few places around here I bother to fly fish.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:29 PM  

Zebulon, NC
Tell me more about Eno. Im new to the area (well im new to Zebulon, close enough). Im originally from Ohio and miss fishing small rivers and creeks.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!