Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2011, 04:43 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Job hunting recommendations

I am passively looking for a new job. Anyone any any good local suggestions? I know about all the major players such as monster, indeed, career builder, Piedmont help wanted, top usa jobs, and hot jobs/yahoo jobs. Anyone had any luck with any other sites?

I also want to put my resume in the hands of a head hunter. I would love a suggestion of a good one for supply chain/logistics jobs.

Old 02-07-2011, 06:42 PM  
100% Gun Nut

Evansville, IN
There is a little thing called networking that you can do to find a job.
I thought when I first heard about it that it sounded like I was supposed to go around wining about not having a job.
But when I got into it, a lot of folks wanted to help.
I got the job I have now that way, it was through a friend of a friend type of thing.
The job I got wasn't listed in the paper, my friend told me the Co. was thinking about adding an extra line & was going to need a few new employees.
My buddy's friend said they had only mentioned it in a meeting, so I ask him to talk to his boss & see if I could put in an application. The next day he was knocking on my door with an application in his hand. It went real fast after that & within a week or so I was working.
Here is a link that will tell you how.

Networking Your Way to a New Job

Another friend was laid off from a local news paper truck maintenance shop & I told him how to do this.
He used this method at a church function, He was talking it up, and a new member at his church helped him get a job as a mechanic.

Old 03-06-2011, 10:54 AM  

Networking is indeed helpful if you have the right contacts. I think linkedin.com is a pretty useful way to stay in touch with people in your field.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!