Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login

Old 02-23-2011, 11:28 AM  

Cary, NC
Wcpss

Anyone else here despise this organization as much as I do?

Why we are letting our school system get beat to death by politics is beyond me.

During our tour (Son is entering Kindergarten), the principle of the school made the statement that my son wouldn't be allowed to learn about dinosaurs and other subjects that matter most to young boys. Instead they are only going to focus on making sure him and everyone else learned just enough to pass the end of grade tests. With their primary focus being on the kids that were less likely to pass it.

I have to say that I appreciate the guy's honesty, but that really is a sad state for a public school system.

Old 02-25-2011, 05:17 AM  

Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
End of grade test in Kindergarten thats too much.. I am a graduate from WCPSS its sucks they did a really crappy job of preparing me for college. Also WCPSS has a lot of stupid policies I know a guy who got expelled for allegedly threating to shoot up Fuquay Varina High School, the teacher did not hear this threat and he was a good student. How can you expel someone off of hear say thats ridiculous.Yeah WCPSS pretty much sucks it was 125 a year for a parking pass back in high school.

Old 02-25-2011, 07:54 PM  

Agreed, its unfortunate that a rich cultural experience has turned into meeting a test score. Compounding the problem is the politics surrounding the neighborhood school vs diversity debate. No matter which side you are on this debate is hurting the system.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!