Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-16-2010, 06:11 PM  

Raleigh, NC
Tell me more about this Oregon trail, i'd be down to head out there some weekend

Old 10-17-2010, 07:26 AM  

Elizabeth City, NC
Well..... I only went there once so forgive me if details are incorrect but there was probably a four to six foot deep crevice to play in 20 or 30 yards long, several trails through the woods with some steep hills, one or two river crossings (3 ft or so), one ravine to drive in, no rock gardens, one mud hole, several entrances and exits. I would guess 50 acres or more. I dont know who owns the land or the legalities of riding it but it was a good time. we got stuck in the mud hole so my buddy called his freind who came out in a rusty cj on 33's and we putted around till dark. i hope someone else chimes in on this as they might have better info. Reddog1 replied to this post earlier than me and may have more info. check out this link on you tube. there are some videos on this users website of the area.

Old 10-19-2010, 11:40 AM  

Chapel Hill, North Carolina
I've only been to Uwharrie around here...was there last weekend, probably going again this weekend. Tellico closed down before I got to go there (just recently got into offroading). Wish there was more places to go w/in a reasonable driving distance.
Old 10-20-2010, 08:16 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Power lines are very illegal UNLESS you have written permission or are the land owner. If/when you get pulled out there, have fun with your vehicle being impounded.
There is Uwharrie, the beach, and then a few private places owned by some of the local clubs. Sadly, that's it.
Old 11-01-2010, 11:41 AM  

Raleigh, NC
I'd like to know more about this Oregon Trail thing. I'm into mild wheeling for now, my 4Runner has a small lift and no mud tires yet so I can't afford to get stuck or break anything for a while.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:00 PM  

Raleigh, NC
i went to oregon trail a few weeks ago, it was pretty awesome. got stuck a few times, some good mudholes and hills, a few stumps. the trail ends at a really gorgeous creek, where we spent about 45 minutes hanging out. only way out is the way in, from what we were told so you get to hit every obstacle twice!
Old 12-17-2010, 07:30 AM  

Durham, NC
What do you all not understand, Oregon Trail is illegal unless you have a piece of paper from the landowner stating you can be there.

Illegal wheeling gives us all a bad name and gets us kicked out of those places as well as our legal areas since people think it is all bad.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:25 AM  

Raleigh, NC
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsconver View Post
What do you all not understand, Oregon Trail is illegal unless you have a piece of paper from the landowner stating you can be there.

Illegal wheeling gives us all a bad name and gets us kicked out of those places as well as our legal areas since people think it is all bad.
Does anybody know the owner and can get us all permission. Maybe we can let the owner know that we'll help keep the clean of garbage while we're out and we won't tear up any trees with straps and such. Help promote a good image for wheelers, spread that word instead of trespassers that are disrepectful.
If the land owner agrees then we can get a list of usernames here along with our real names and have the guy approve it in some fashion with a signature and then scan and post it here. Then everybody on the list can keep a copy of it in their rigs as proof. But everybody would have to do their part in helping take care of the land and not taking advantage of the land owner.
Old 12-21-2010, 03:32 PM  

Raleigh, NC
I hate that Tellico closed before I ever made a trip up there myself, but I love UNF. I wish there were more places around that were legal
Old 01-14-2011, 07:28 AM  

URE for sure. Will be there in the spring to test my new suspension

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!

« Moving to Raleigh | - »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.