Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-26-2011, 07:07 AM  

raleigh, nc
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornelj View Post
Cant wait to try Uwharrie. I have been working on the Jeep for a while I guess it's time to test her out
I used to wheel on Ft. Bragg all the time when I was stationed there, mostly the trails between Longstreet and Mckellars. As servicemen, I'm not sure if it was against the rules or not. But since I had a decommissioned M1008 at the time, apart from my civilian plate I was just seen as another military vehicle, though modified. My friends always said it looked like possible Special Forces since their humvees often had bigger super swamper tires as well.

I only ran into a humvee once on the trails and it was just a couple of civilian light wheel mechanics testing the transfer case (or so they said). They actually pulled me out when I got stuck during lunch one day. Fun times.

Old 02-03-2011, 08:01 PM  

Zebulon, NC
i just moved out of fayetteville, finally. my wife and i wheeled all over bragg. theres lots of fire breaks to and around the fishing lakes.
our favorite was mott lake.

Old 02-09-2011, 03:11 AM  

Fuquay Varina, North Carolina
yeah Id like to go to this Oregon trail sometime with some people
Old 02-09-2011, 02:27 PM  

Raleigh, NC
be careful posting all the spots like this. the more visibility the more likely idiots will go out there and get the cops to bust you quicker coming out of them.
Just being paranoid, but the only time I use 4wd anymore is UNF or sometimes out on Freeman Park at Carolina Beach.
Old 01-15-2014, 08:28 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stubbornspot View Post
So any more info on Oregon Trail and the legality of riding it? Has anyone had a run in with the land owner? No trespassing signs?
Me and my 4x4 buddies have been going out there for years (1200 acres at the end of Oregon Tr., 27529), and usually never get confronted.
There is a woman that lives at the end of Oregon Tr. now, that will tell you it's her private road, but the Wake County Sheriff's dept. told me that this is a publicly maintained road, and she can not restrict access. Similar to blocking off I-40! As long as you don't park in her yard, you can park across the street from her all day and night long. She does not own the land where people go riding, it's environmental buffer for Lake Benson. (the deputy sheriff said he had been going down there many years as well).
This is one of the most awesome areas around Raleigh to motocross, ATV, and do serious off roading. Also, you can shoot guns down there as long as it's not 100 ft. from a residence. Might want to confirm what I've mentioned with the Wake Co. Sheriff, but it's not in the Garner juridiction, so they will refer you to the county. Hope this helps.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > United States City Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill
Bookmark this Page!

« Moving to Raleigh | - »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads