Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-24-2011, 09:21 PM  

Hawaii
Men

It's been a year now since my ex husband divorced me! Feeling a little down

Still can't get over all the lies! Why do men have to be such pigs? Why can't they just be serious about things?

Still feeling scorned...Any advice guys? I haven't been able to find another guy since then still too hurt!

Old 10-24-2011, 09:58 PM  

no one is perfect

Old 10-24-2011, 10:53 PM  

Well, if it makes you feel better, my wife of 30 years moved out on me 5 months ago saying her motherly duty was done and it was now time to kick her heels up. If I can steal your quote....Still can't get over all the lies! Why do women have to be such pigs? Why can't they just be serious about things? Still feeling scorned..

Old 10-24-2011, 11:11 PM  

Nashville, TN
I was 13 years into my 1st marriage when I got my "T" shirt. Out of the blue "I'm not happy, I haven't been happy and I don't think I'm going to be happy". I guess I should have seen it coming but hindsight is 20/20.

I remember sitting in a restaurant in Knoxville with a sales mgr of mine, he had gone through this about a year earlier. His advise to me was "whoever was at fault, at this point it doesn't matter. What you need to do is forgive her, forgive yourself, and get on with life. You have a choice when you get up tomorrow. You can be a survivor or you can be a victim. Your choice."

Sometimes life isn't fair, sometimes things don't turn out like we had hoped, sometimes you have to let wounds heal. Time helps, so do friends.
Old 10-24-2011, 11:13 PM  

Well said!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:21 AM  

Houston, Texas
Please! It's not just men, women are equally guilty. Olddognewtrick offered some good advise, and yes, it is easier said than done. But time does heal.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:12 PM  

Hawaii
Sorry to hear that Havasu!

I guess women can be just as equally brutal.

Oldognewtrick that's great advice from your friend! I think maybe I just need some new friends! Mine was the exact same thing about not being happy. Sad thing, I never saw it coming. If he was unhappy he never let it show.

That's one of the reasons I needed something new! Transferred from a school in Nebraska out here to finish up some courses.
Old 10-25-2011, 03:24 PM  

Ahh, Hawaii! I can 't think of a better place to commiserate!
Old 10-25-2011, 06:00 PM  

Shuswap, BC
[
QUOTE=havasu;129853]Well, if it makes you feel better, my wife of 30 years moved out on me 5 months ago saying her motherly duty was done and it was now time to kick her heels up. If I can steal your quote....Still can't get over all the lies! Why do women have to be such pigs? Why can't they just be serious about things? Still feeling scorned..

[/QUOTE]

Like you I never saw it coming. One minute everything seemed great, the next she said we are done. She threw away years, and busted our family up, with no second thoughts. She doesn't even know why. I asked her and she just has no clue she says, but she wants to be single.
Women stun me how ruthless, uncaring and full of lies they can be.
Old 10-25-2011, 06:09 PM  

Shuswap, BC
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldognewtrick View Post
I was 13 years into my 1st marriage when I got my "T" shirt. Out of the blue "I'm not happy, I haven't been happy and I don't think I'm going to be happy". I guess I should have seen it coming but hindsight is 20/20.

I remember sitting in a restaurant in Knoxville with a sales mgr of mine, he had gone through this about a year earlier. His advise to me was "whoever was at fault, at this point it doesn't matter. What you need to do is forgive her, forgive yourself, and get on with life. You have a choice when you get up tomorrow. You can be a survivor or you can be a victim. Your choice."

Sometimes life isn't fair, sometimes things don't turn out like we had hoped, sometimes you have to let wounds heal. Time helps, so do friends.
Well said, good advice !

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!

« men | Siblings »

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.