Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-10-2012, 06:22 PM  

Reno, Nevada
Relationship question

How do you handle it when you feel drawn to someone, but they won't respond to you at all? Do you work on letting it go? Or what?

Old 03-10-2012, 06:39 PM  

Houston, Texas
Well, I guess it's natural to ask "Why?" Or at least that would be my first reaction. How do you mean they don't respond to you? How do they act or react? Or not? There could be any number of reasons but if you find you are being aggressive, back off. There is a difference between assertive and aggressive. Assertive is fine, women should be assertive. Men should be assertive. But, no one should be aggressive. Outside of that there may be a very plausible reason. Burned in the recent past. Taking a break to be alone for a while. Already in a relationship you don't know about. Or, they simply are not interested. Find out why and you find your answer.

Old 03-10-2012, 06:46 PM  

Reno, Nevada
We've had about a 5 month fling. And he's called it quits. Says I'm great, blah blah blah. I've just never felt so drawn and connected to anyone. I don't want to be obsessive, aggressive, or over powering in the slightest way. He knows how I feel.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:05 PM  
fustrated genius

What I think you should do is throttle back, start looking elsewhere and see what you find. One sided relations are never a good thing.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:19 PM  

Reno, Nevada
He says he feels the connection as well, but that the timing is just wrong. In the last 10 years of dating I have not met anyone like him. I don't want to let something good slip away. I'd accept just friendship from him, rather than nothing.
Old 03-10-2012, 07:41 PM  

Houston, Texas
HiHood is right about one-sided relationships. You can't force someone into a relationship. You can entice them but that's not good either. You may have to settle for friendship and see what, of anything, happens down the road. That may not be what you WANT to hear but wants and needs are separate issues. Good luck.
Old 03-10-2012, 08:26 PM  

Reno, Nevada
I'm doing everything I can to not contact him. He knows how I feel. Thanks, I'll just let it chill out and see what happens.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:08 AM  
Moderator Emeritus

Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgurl775 View Post
I'm doing everything I can to not contact him. He knows how I feel. Thanks, I'll just let it chill out and see what happens.
That's the smartest thing you can do right now.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:17 AM  

Reno, Nevada
He emailed, saying he'd like to be friends only. I'll take it. I did try calling after he emailed, but no answer. It's harder than I thought it would be, I just want to hear his voice so bad.
Old 03-13-2012, 03:47 PM  

Houston, Texas
Emailed? OK, well the thing about emails (and forums) is that they are one sided communication. There's not any clear idea or thought process delivered. For example if I were to IM you saying "Thanks a lot" would I be saying it in a tone of Thanks a Lot (sarcasm) or Thanks a Lot (gratitude)? My point is that possibly he did not want direct verbal communication. Possibly, just as a possibility mind you, he does not want you to hear his voice. Or, he does't want to hear yours? As a stereotype men are usually the pursuer (hunter) and women the pursued (gatherer). Maybe he is just uncomfortable with the roles reversed. It seems like his decision is made.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!

« Siblings | Sex Laws »

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.