Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Click Here to Login

Old 03-03-2011, 12:46 PM  

what is the best way to have open talk with your partner?

ive dated this guy over year and half. we have good connection and good chemistry. but sometimes He does things behind my back and I found things. I feel like fool whenever that happened. he doesn't tell me his life that much. does every guys get that way? they want to keep things from gf? am I overstating my things with him?

Old 03-03-2011, 02:30 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by jollyjung View Post
ive dated this guy over year and half. we have good connection and good chemistry. but sometimes He does things behind my back and I found things. I feel like fool whenever that happened. he doesn't tell me his life that much. does every guys get that way? they want to keep things from gf? am I overstating my things with him?
No, people choose how open and upfront they behave. It's one of the first things I look for because without it there is too much mystery and too often the mystery hides flaws.

Old 03-03-2011, 05:58 PM  
Mr. Happy

Montreal, Quebec
In a good relationship there shouldn't be anything that needs to be hidden.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:33 PM  

Speak for yourself. If my wife knew what I spent while working on the jeep, I'd be sleeping in it!
Old 03-03-2011, 07:11 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Speak for yourself. If my wife knew what I spent while working on the jeep, I'd be sleeping in it!
She knows but she's waiting until you catch on to what her shoes really cost.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:15 PM  

I guess you do know her!

BTW, she wanted me to buy her a purse the other day. I figured sure, what do they run, $25.00? Nope, directly to Macy's, over to the display counter, and grabbed a $800 purse! Does she understand the bumpers I can buy for my jeep with that kind of money?
Old 03-03-2011, 07:26 PM  

MANASSAS, VA
Quote:
I found things
I am wondering what kind of "things". Things you don't agree with? Things that he would hide because he knows you disapprove? Or is something like he went out to subway and had a footlong and didn't tell you.

Some guys want to tell everyone everything and some don't want to talk to anyone about anything. Since you are only 1.5 years into a relationship you might want to think about how your chemistry is good and what you are looking for. If he is going behind your back and doing things that you don't agree with and not being honest then you may have a problem.
Old 03-03-2011, 07:28 PM  
Lonely HUMMER Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by havasu View Post
Oh man... When I die she is gonna sell all my **** for really cheap. Since she thinks that I got everything for "really cheap".
Old 03-03-2011, 09:18 PM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkadelicturkey

I am wondering what kind of "things". Things you don't agree with? Things that he would hide because he knows you disapprove? Or is something like he went out to subway and had a footlong and didn't tell you.

Some guys want to tell everyone everything and some don't want to talk to anyone about anything. Since you are only 1.5 years into a relationship you might want to think about how your chemistry is good and what you are looking for. If he is going behind your back and doing things that you don't agree with and not being honest then you may have a problem.
I want to tell him my life or problems in my life which he doesnt. he rather listens and later on I found his life problems even things related with his family or me through another person or way not through his mouth.
Old 03-03-2011, 09:46 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
I want to tell him my life or problems in my life which he doesnt. he rather listens and later on I found his life problems even things related with his family or me through another person or way not through his mouth.
many guys feel that any type of emotional outpouring of that kind is a weakness, in the guy world you don't want to discuss your weaknesses, we men can be quite cruel to each other so there may be a good (to him) reason to keep it to himself, he may just not want to risk losing you by sounding like he has all these problems and issues.....

just a thought....

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Relationships
Bookmark this Page!