Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-09-2011, 06:33 AM  

TN
Amazing During The 21st Century

We're still arguing about whose invisible man in the sky is the real invisible man in the sky:

INDIA More anti-Christian attacks in Karnataka - Asia News

New Delhi (AsiaNews) ? Anti-Christian attacks continue in Karnataka. In Bangalore, the Global Council of Indian Christians (GCIC) denounced the attack on Wednesday against Rev Bhaskar John Poojappa, a Pentecostal minister from the Holy Mountain of God, by some 20 Hindutva activists.

Old 07-09-2011, 06:54 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
We're still arguing about whose invisible man in the sky is the real invisible man in the sky:
My God is.......

Old 07-09-2011, 07:57 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hillman View Post
My God is.......
Why don't you set up and appointment for me...I'd like to meet him.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:10 AM  

And so on it goes ,ON and ON.....As it was before and it will be as long as there are humans...KILL in the name of religion and who owns the correct version of god.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:06 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurecoast View Post
And so on it goes ,ON and ON.....As it was before and it will be as long as there are humans...KILL in the name of religion and who owns the correct version of god.
Have you heard or read of the latest radical Muslim idea? They are considering implanting explosive devices inside the bodies of the volunteer suiciders.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:24 AM  

Dorf: No, I have not read about this newest insanity . Nothing surprises me as far as to what lenght the religious are willing to go to prove that their belief of THEIR version of god IS IT. IT HAS BEEN MORE THAN 2000 YEARS , and we are still in the stone ages as far as religion is concerned. Will it ever end? As for the Christian,s its not the atheist, or nonbelievers they should be concerned about being in power of the government . The Cresent moon is on the rise.
Old 07-09-2011, 10:36 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
as long as there are humans...KILL in the name of religion and who owns the correct version of god.
We should rate each war since recorded time. Rate each as;
a) power
b) greed
c) religion
d) all or several of the above

My money is on religion to keep pace with greed & power in causing the most bloodshed. IMO religion may need listing under "deadliest sins".
Old 07-09-2011, 10:38 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
They are considering implanting explosive devices inside the bodies of the volunteer suiciders.
Just read where the Taliban recently sold a suicide bomber to another branch of nutjobs.
Old 07-09-2011, 11:46 AM  
Traveler

Mill Creek, Washington
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorph View Post
Why don't you set up and appointment for me...I'd like to meet him.
Dorph: I'm not so sure that that is what you want. Here is the appointment of Israel with God as described in Exodus:

Quote:
"Put limits for the peoples around the mountain and tell them. Be careful that you do not go up the mountain or touch the foot of it. Whoever touches the mountain shall surely be put to death.

On the third day in the morning there was thunder and lightning and a dense cloud on the mountain, and the sound of a very loud horn; all the people who were in the camp trembled. Moses brought the people out of the camp to meet God, and they took their place at the foot of the mountain. Now Mount Sinai was completely covered with smoke because the Lord had descended on it in fire, and its smoke went up like the smoke of a great furnace, and the whole mountain shook violently. When the sound of the horn grew louder and louder, Moses was speaking and God was answering him with a voice."
Dorph, I think that meeting would take the smile off your face.
Old 07-09-2011, 02:52 PM  

TN
Dorph, I think that meeting would take the smile off your face.
[/QUOTE]

That's what religion does for everybody...and always has. It's a somber, sober, very sad view of the human race. It looks upon all of us as if we were small children needing the guidance provided by ancient civilizations. Sorry...that voodoo horse manure only works on those who believe it. Count me out!

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads