Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 11-03-2010, 05:58 PM  
Carolina Jeep Girl

Charlotte, North Carolina
Oh hey, let me get one of my friends on here....

She's Pentecostal and extremely Liberal
We fight all the time (all in good fun of course) haha.
We have a love/hate relationship

Old 11-04-2010, 05:57 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepskyy View Post
Sure... but what now?
That's a good question.

Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 PM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
Got anything to add, jacko?

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 11-04-2010, 06:09 PM  
Traveler

Knoxville, TN
Not at the moment, Jake.
Old 01-18-2011, 03:07 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsmurphy View Post
Most Glorious God, in Jesus Christ, my merciful and loving Father; I acknowledge and confess my guilt in the weak and imperfect performance of the duties of this day. I have called on Thee for pardon and forgiveness of my sins, but so coldly and carelessly that my prayers are become my sin, and they stand in need of pardon. I have sinned against heaven and before Thee in thought, word, and deed. I have contemned Thy majesty and holy laws. I have likewise sinned by omitting what I ought to have done and committing what I ought not. I have rebelled against the light, despising Thy mercies and judgment, and broken my vows and promise. I have neglected the better things. My iniquities are multiplied and my sins are very great. I confess them, O Lord, with shame and sorrow, detestation and loathing and desire to be vile in my own eyes as I have rendered myself vile in Thine. I humbly beseech Thee to be merciful to me in the free pardon of my sins for the sake of Thy dear Son and only Savior Jesus Christ who came to call not the righteous, but sinners to repentance. Thou gavest Thy Son to die for me. Make me to know what is acceptable in Thy sight, and therein to delight, open the eyes of my understanding, and help me thoroughly to examine myself concerning my knowledge, faith, and repentance, increase my faith, and direct me to the true object, Jesus Christ the Way, the Truth, and the Life." - Authentic handwritten manuscript book, April 23, 1752Take a stab at who wrote this.....
I'm waiting..............
Give up?...........................I'll give you and hint............................................Ar e still going to conclude that God and Gov is/was a disaster???????????
George Washington.
Huh? imagine that.....
Scott

Ever hear of the Treaty of Tripoli?

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

Treaty of Tripoli - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are million ways to interpret stuff to get your desired support.

Mine is constitutionally supported, yours?
Old 01-19-2011, 04:47 AM  

Rochester, New York
Text written by George Washington the English Subject in 1752 is arguably immaterial considering our country and constitution didn't exist yet. That said, he and other Founders were religious to one degree or another, and there was no objection when government officials waxed religious on matters of the state.

The establishment clause in 1A is there to prevent a Church of the United States from forming, as the Framers understood well the friction and corruption that comes when an official government is inextricably linked with an official religion.

As for the Treaty of Tripoli, the context maybe suggests something along the lines of "...we are a nation of free men and are unencumbered by a national religion. Therefore, we have no objection to dealing fairly with you if you will do the same with us." It bears mentioning our friends in Tripoli didn't exactly live up to their end of the bargain and eventually their betrayal led to the Barbary Wars. But I digress.
Old 02-18-2011, 02:54 PM  

Bump............

The thread started with a comment about Glenn Beck and Christianity. G. Beck is Mormon....Mormons are not Christian!

Just read the Book Of Mormon.

Go...........
Old 02-21-2011, 12:27 PM  

Austin
No they aren't.

Isn't he also a convert?
Old 02-22-2011, 06:46 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
No they aren't.

Isn't he also a convert?
Are you saying they, Mormons, aren't Christian?

And yes, Beck converted to Mormonism from being an Agnostic. He was brought to that faith by his wingman, Pat Gray. Although, I tend to doubt Beck is actually a "true" Mormon but a misguided/misunderstanding Christian. His statements of religiosity do not align themselves with Mormonism and are at times anathema to that faith. He verbalizes Jesus' role in his life differently than a true Mormon would.

But, then again, there are Christians who think their eternal reward is based in "what they do".

Go figure??

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads