Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login

Old 02-04-2011, 01:43 PM  

Atheist?

Are there any other Atheist on the board? How are you received in your community?

Old 02-04-2011, 08:20 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
I'm one, it varies, community wide it is a very christian area so most christians think they are superior.... however most of the friends I have gone to school with are of similar logical thinking capacities and realize religion is a scam.

Old 02-04-2011, 08:31 PM  
Traveler

How about you pastafari? How do you view life, and what sort of philosophy do you cling to as you go through life, that makes you who you are? This could be very fascinating, because my wifes best friend was an Athiest, but was perhaps one of the most honorable human beings I had ever met, who, up until her death a few years ago, was just an outstanding person in every regard. The least hypocritical of anyone I ever knew. My wife knew her since 1960.
Old 02-07-2011, 01:39 PM  

Austin
Yo, and I don't tell anyone ever. Not in person. I don't look down on people for having faith, but hey tend to look down on me for not having it.
Old 02-11-2011, 09:49 AM  

Also an atheist here. I believe, in reality, my father was also one, while my mom had a deep, true faith in God. It's just my take on things. I have no desire to turn people from their beliefs, nor do I want to be "saved". I tend to believe in Ayn Rand's thoughts towards a sense of self as to what defines us.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:03 AM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
Yo, and I don't tell anyone ever. Not in person. I don't look down on people for having faith, but hey tend to look down on me for not having it.
And that's not right in my opinion. As a believer, I respect your position.
Old 02-11-2011, 10:11 AM  

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musicinabottle View Post
There would be a lot less dead people in this world if more people shared your outlook. John Lennon had it right.
Old 02-11-2011, 11:25 AM  

Austin
Quote:
I agree, but experience has taught me to stay tight lipped.

I live in a progressive liberal city within ear shot of the bible belt, I don't forget where I am. I also remember that atheist and witch were synonymous at one point.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:10 PM  
Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiretrx View Post
There would be a lot less dead people in this world if more people shared your outlook. John Lennon had it right.
That's for sure. Ever see Bill Mahers film call Religulous. It's a great film and for what it's worth, I believe that many points made in the documentary are certainly true, and you see evidence of it quite often.
Old 02-11-2011, 06:30 PM  

Quote:
That's for sure. Ever see Bill Mahers film call Religulous. It's a great film and for what it's worth, I believe that many points made in the documentary are certainly true, and you see evidence of it quite often.
Haven't seen it, but now I plan it.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!