Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-22-2010, 07:02 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
God is all things to all people. No one knows for sure whether God is male, female, part of the earth, sun, moon or all (or none) of the above. Jesus Christ is definitely male: his analog in Wicca would be the young God birthed by the Goddess (Mary) at Yule (Christmas). Note that judging by the manger scene; Jesus was born in the springtime, I suspect that his birthday was shifted to Winter Solstice/Yule to win over the ancient Pagan peoples.

Despite my Wiccan beliefs; I have no problem with moderate Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddhists, etc. Extremists of any faith including Pagans scare and offend me.

Side note here: I have no major issue with the Judeo-Christian Ten Commandments since they are simply a code of ethics.

Old 10-22-2010, 07:55 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
No one knows for sure whether God is male, female, part of the earth, sun, moon or all (or none) of the above. Jesus Christ is definitely male:

Side note here: I have no major issue with the Judeo-Christian Ten Commandments since they are simply a code of ethics.
I agree that god might be male or female but I don't know about the rest. In all religions that believe in God (Judaism, Islomic, Christians) the bibles say he made man in his likeness. They also say he made man first. So because of that we suspect he is male. But in his likeness doesn't mean exact. God might not be male or female but a being that is close in shape.

Old 10-22-2010, 09:22 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Originally Posted by 78BO View Post
I agree that god might be male or female but I don't know about the rest. In all religions that believe in God (Judaism, Islomic, Christians) the bibles say he made man in his likeness. They also say he made man first. So because of that we suspect he is male. But in his likeness doesn't mean exact. God might not be male or female but a being that is close in shape.
Pagans also believe in God; although 'God' may manifest in many forms (trees, Druids), Sun (ancient Egyptians I believe), Odin (Norse), Diana (some Wiccans), etc.

And remember the Bible/Koran/Torah were all written by man...............although, I strongly suspect God did 'guide' the authors. God works in mysterious ways..........
Old 10-23-2010, 09:04 PM  

san marcos, texas
It sounds typical of the male ego to decide that god looks like a man.

God is close in shape to a man's body? That is implying that god has a physical form and according to the bible, god only took physical form when he came down as Jesus. Other times god spoke to people in the bible it was through the holy spirit. If you believe in the trinity, then god has three separate forms, which all gets very confusing and makes god seems like he's got multiple personalities. No wonder Judaism doesn't accept Jesus as god, they believe god is one not three.
Old 10-23-2010, 09:42 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by addie View Post
It sounds typical of the male ego to decide that god looks like a man.

God is close in shape to a man's body? That is implying that god has a physical form and according to the bible, god only took physical form when he came down as Jesus. Other times god spoke to people in the bible it was through the holy spirit. If you believe in the trinity, then god has three separate forms, which all gets very confusing and makes god seems like he's got multiple personalities. No wonder Judaism doesn't accept Jesus as god, they believe god is one not three.
Umm, if I remember right God and Jesus are two different people. Jesus is Gods son. And the bible states god made man in his likeness. He made man first then woman for the mans companion.

So it's no ego, but written.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:08 AM  

Honolulu, Hawaii
The holy trinity is also very clearly described and expressed in the Bible, so I'm not quite sure how they play that off...

https://luckylucy.scentsy.us/Scentsy/Buy
Old 10-24-2010, 10:33 AM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
Umm, if I remember right God and Jesus are two different people. Jesus is Gods son. And the bible states god made man in his likeness. He made man first then woman for the mans companion.

So it's no ego, but written.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake7 View Post
The holy trinity is also very clearly described and expressed in the Bible, so I'm not quite sure how they play that off...
And to make things more 'interesting' in the Christian pantheon: some folks refer to Jesus Christ Our Lord whereas other Christians describe God as the Lord. Something to ponder.
Old 10-24-2010, 10:36 AM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
It's nothing to ponder. I have a friend that calls her daughter sister, grand dads are poppa. Jesus is like a store manager and just so happens to the the store owners son.
Old 10-24-2010, 01:12 PM  
Tea Party Liberal

Mesa, Az
Quote:
It's nothing to ponder. I have a friend that calls her daughter sister, grand dads are poppa. Jesus is like a store manager and just so happens to the the store owners son.
We need to agree to disagree here. I respect your point of view despite my not accepting it as my own.

For the record: I am 'conservative' in a lot of other regards i.e. 2nd Amendment rights, no amnesty for illegal aliens, etc.
Old 10-24-2010, 02:08 PM  
southern conservative

Austin, Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
We need to agree to disagree here. I respect your point of view despite my not accepting it as my own.

For the record: I am 'conservative' in a lot of other regards i.e. 2nd Amendment rights, no amnesty for illegal aliens, etc.
Cool deal,
The one that I don't agree with is how much importance they Cathlics put in Mary and the fathers (pastors). I don't know one part of the christian religion that says you have to go through another person to talk to God or ask for forgiveness.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads