Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-04-2011, 09:46 AM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
Quote:
Simply complex!
Dichotomy is like that but I don't enjoy it. Since something similar led to a dead cartoonist we should expect the good Rev may be receiving visitors in the future. Can the wiccans be far behind?
Congratulations Rev Terry Jones!-eye-newt.jpg 

Old 06-27-2011, 07:03 AM  

TN
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
well the point he was making was there, just for burning a book people in these countries have gone ape**** over it, If that is what they wanna do then let's let them either burn themselves out with these riots to where they have no choice other then to accept that free speech exists or until they commit an act of war and we bomb them into submission

I hate to sound like that, but as long as religious fanatics are coddled by "respecting" their insane demands that the rest of the world bows to their religious beliefs that the freedom of expression worldwide should be restricted to appease them it just makes the situation worse in the long run. Kind of like giving your kid candy whenever they want, sure it shuts them up for a little bit, but do it too much and they become spoiled and there are a lot of Muslim countries that need some "tough love".
Those countries are about 100 years behind us. If one looks at our history there were times when we were killing witches, subjugating women and supporting slavery.. Religion has never done much for anybody IMO

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads