Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2010, 09:43 PM  

Provo, Utah
Going on a Mission

BRB
10char

Old 09-05-2010, 12:34 PM  

Riverside, CA
You're going on a mission fishin for the blueberry yum yum?

Seriously though Hoobles, good luck and have fun. I hope you weren't offended in all seriousness by my posts. I was just joshing. What makes this country great is the religious freedoms we all enjoy.

Member: Alice's Restaurant Anti-Massacree Movement
Old 09-07-2010, 02:02 PM  

Austin
Where are you headed?
Old 12-22-2010, 12:46 PM  

Between Kansas and Illinois
Doing a small mission on Christmas day....helping serve a Christmas dinner to those who don't have a family close by or just lonely people. This is the first time I will have done this and I talked my daughter into joining me...she would have just slept anyway. The wife is working that day so that is why she won't be joining me.
I have wanted to do something like this for a while and I think I will enjoy the experience.
And on a lighter note....we get to eat a Christmas dinner also!....I never pass up a free meal!
Old 01-06-2011, 02:16 PM  

Austin
How did it go?
Old 01-08-2011, 07:06 AM  

Between Kansas and Illinois
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funetical View Post
How did it go?
It went very good. We helped serve about 100 people that would have been alone on Christmas day. I took a couple of meals to a couple of meals to some older people who didn't get out because of the weather but they still got to eat a hot meal.
After the group cleaned up the kitchen, washed dishes and finished off some of the desert (best part!) we left the church feeling better about the day and had a good nap when we got back home.
I think the best part was knowing that we took some time and did something for others that would have been lonely.
My wife thought it was a good idea and she is volunteering at the local soup kitchen now on some of her days off.
I had a good time!
Old 01-08-2011, 10:04 AM  

Rochester, New York
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmud View Post
It went very good. We helped serve about 100 people that would have been alone on Christmas day. I took a couple of meals to a couple of meals to some older people who didn't get out because of the weather but they still got to eat a hot meal.
After the group cleaned up the kitchen, washed dishes and finished off some of the desert (best part!) we left the church feeling better about the day and had a good nap when we got back home.
I think the best part was knowing that we took some time and did something for others that would have been lonely.
My wife thought it was a good idea and she is volunteering at the local soup kitchen now on some of her days off.
I had a good time!
Thanks for doing that. It means a lot to people but it doesn't take anything away from you except a few hours and maybe donating a little money or food. That's a win-win!
Old 01-11-2011, 01:53 PM  

Austin
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmud View Post
I had a good time!
I'm glad to hear it worked out. Loneliness is a killer.

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.