Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Click Here to Login
Register Members Gallery Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-06-2011, 10:11 AM  
Supporting Member

Aylett (Richmond Area), VA
Another e-mail in circulation......

Quote:
You've got to love Texans! They don't like to be pushed around!

Come to think of it, I don't either, hey maybe I'm part Texan.

This is pretty funny to me! I hope all muslims gets offended!

Here's "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS"

A Muslim buys eleven acres of land next to a pig farm
(a family farm that has been in this Houston suburb a long time)
and NOW WANTS THE PIG FARMER TO LEAVE!!?
That takes a lot of nerve!
So what's the pig farmer's response to that.....
PIG RACES DURING FRIDAY NIGHT PRAYERS!

I love it! Don't mess with Texas!!!

The clip is funny - even the news crew is laughing.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/dUr1NxJDC94?rel=0

Already SIXTY mosques in Houston???

Give me a break!

Old 09-06-2011, 02:25 PM  

Kent, Ohio
I work in real estate. You buy some land next to a pig farm, you get some land... next to a pig farm.

We deal all the time with people complaining that they purchased property next to the university's airport. Well, they don't complain that they purchased land next to the airport, they complain that the planes annoy them. You know what happens? The city tells them to pack sand. So they go to the FAA and the FAA tells them to pack sand.

The airport exists to train private and commercial civilian pilots, many of whom go on to fly for the military. The airport existed at that location long before most of the housing in that area.

Having said all that, and agreeing fully with the sentiment of the post, I take offense on one issue:
Quote:
Originally Posted by teaberryeagle View Post

This Texan deserves the Medal of Honor!
There is a difference between "conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of his or her life above and beyond the call of duty while engaged in an action against an enemy of the United States" and "Pissing off the Muslims next door", and it is incredibly disrespectful to all MoH recipients to conflate the two in any way, shape, or form.
Old 09-06-2011, 04:52 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Another e-mail in circulation......

This Texan deserves the Medal of Honor!

that texan does not understand what america is about and does not believe in real american values, the values the founding fathers had. why would you support this? All it shows is how ignorant some people are.

would you feel the same way about having billboards for foreskin restoration devices next to a jewish center? Is that a "don't mess with texas" situation

and to begin with, how did they mess with texas to begin with, by asking to have a community center on their on land where there would be zero opposition to a church?
Old 09-06-2011, 08:46 PM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedJeepXJ View Post
that texan does not understand what america is about and does not believe in real american values, the values the founding fathers had. why would you support this? All it shows is how ignorant some people are.

would you feel the same way about having billboards for foreskin restoration devices next to a jewish center? Is that a "don't mess with texas" situation

and to begin with, how did they mess with texas to begin with, by asking to have a community center on their on land where there would be zero opposition to a church?
I believe you missed the main point, RedJeepXJ. They purchased land adjacent to a pig farm, then asked the pig farmer to leave. It doesn't matter if they are muslim, christian, jewish, buddhist, whatever - If you purchase the land, knowing there is a pig farm next door, (or an airport, or a paper mill, or a prison), you lose the right to complain about their being a pig farm next door as a nuisance.

Now, if someone moves into the neighborhood and brings a pig farm with them, it's a bit different - the neighbors can complain about that.

Of course, the proper response to someone asking you to leave your own land because it offends them is "No thank you, get off my property" - holding pig races just to piss them off could be considered a nuisance, possibly harassment. But holding pig races in the pursuit of happiness on your own land? Nothing wrong with that.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:08 PM  

Bristol, Tennessee
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I believe you missed the main point, RedJeepXJ. They purchased land adjacent to a pig farm, then asked the pig farmer to leave. It doesn't matter if they are muslim, christian, jewish, buddhist, whatever - If you purchase the land, knowing there is a pig farm next door, (or an airport, or a paper mill, or a prison), you lose the right to complain about their being a pig farm next door as a nuisance.
from the details I have seen that comment came up later in discussions over whether the mosque should be allowed and one muslim suggested he move further out in the country if he did not want anything built near him, while it was a comment against him for pig farming it does not seem like they came out and demanded that but rather a flippant comment in response to the anti-muslim views of the people who did not want it built
Quote:
Now, if someone moves into the neighborhood and brings a pig farm with them, it's a bit different - the neighbors can complain about that.

Of course, the proper response to someone asking you to leave your own land because it offends them is "No thank you, get off my property" - holding pig races just to piss them off could be considered a nuisance, possibly harassment. But holding pig races in the pursuit of happiness on your own land? Nothing wrong with that.
Again would have likely been a non issue if the community and likely the pig farmer hadn't tried to tell the muslims what they could do on THEIR land first. They can exist there just like a church can, and if that hadn't been questioned none of this would have been any issue to begin with.
Old 09-07-2011, 06:04 AM  
Supporting Member

Here's another I just received...I never know if these are true or not....

Quote:
Australia says NO - Second Time she has done this!

AMAZING You must read it !!!!

She's done it again..
She sure isn't backing down on her hard line stance and one
has to appreciate her belief in the rights of her native countrymen..
A breath of fresh air to see someone lead.
I wish some leaders would step up in Canada & USA ..

Australian Prime Minister does it again!!
This woman should be appointed Queen of the World..
Truer words have never been spoken.

It took a lot of courage for this woman to speak, what
she had to say for the world to hear.
The retribution could be phenomenal, but at least she
was willing to take a stand on her and Australia 's beliefs.
The whole world needs a leader like this!

Prime Minister Julia Gillard - Australia
Muslims who want to live under Islamic Sharia law,
were told on Wednesday to get out of Australia ,
as the government targeted radicals in a bid to
head off potential terror attacks..

Separately, Gillard angered some Australian Muslims
on Wednesday by saying she supported spy agencies
monitoring the nation's mosques.
Quote:

'IMMIGRANTS, NOT AUSTRALIANS, MUST ADAPT..
Take It Or Leave It.
I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are
offending some individual or their culture.
Since the terrorist attacks on Bali , we have experienced
a surge in patriotism by the majority of Australians. '

'This culture has been developed over two centuries of
struggles, trials and victories by millions of men and
women who have sought freedom'

'We speak mainly ENGLISH, not Spanish, Lebanese,
Arabic, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, or any other language.
Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society .
Learn the language!'

'Most Australians believe in God. This is not some Christian,
right wing, political push, but a fact, because Christian men
and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation,
and this is clearly documented. It is certainly appropriate
to display it on the walls of our schools.
If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another
part of the world as your new home,
because God is part of our culture.'

'We will accept your beliefs, and will not question why.
All we ask is that you accept ours, and live in harmony
and peaceful enjoyment with us.'

'This is OUR COUNTRY, OUR LAND, and OUR LIFESTYLE,
and we will allow you every opportunity to enjoy all this.
But once you are done complaining, whining, and griping
about Our Flag, Our Pledge, Our Christian beliefs, or
Our Way of Life, I highly encourage you take advantage
of one other great Australian freedom, 'THE RIGHT TO LEAVE'.'
'If you aren't happy here then LEAVE.
We didn't force you to come here.
You asked to be here. So accept the country YOU accepted.'

Maybe if we circulate this amongst ourselves in Canada & USA ,
We will find the courage to start speaking and voicing the same truths.
If you agree please SEND THIS ON and ON, to as many people as you know.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:11 AM  

Kent, Ohio
Quote:
Here's another I just received...I never know if these are true or not....
I'm still waiting on a response about suggesting a bigoted pig farmer should earn the MoH for doing nothing but pissing off a handful of Muslims. That was the most disrespectful, dishonorable statement I have heard in a long time.

The mere comparison of this asinine, meaningless squabble to the heroism and bravery of the finest people on the planet is absolutely galling.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:27 AM  
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rivalarrival View Post
I'm still waiting on a response about suggesting a bigoted pig farmer should earn the MoH for doing nothing but pissing off a handful of Muslims. That was the most disrespectful, dishonorable statement I have heard in a long time.

The mere comparison of this asinine, meaningless squabble to the heroism and bravery of the finest people on the planet is absolutely galling.
I agree and have deleted that statement from the original e-mail.......
Old 09-10-2011, 12:55 PM  
mohel

Keizer, OR
I'd like to take a moment to defend muslims here. These fine folks through their charismatic leader (Binny von BOOM BOOM) dutifully declared war on us back around 1993.
None of this smiley Pearl Harbor sneak attack crap, it was all aboveboard and noted in the media. But........

18 years have passed without us giving them the formal response that is their due.

If you want the respect of others you shouldn't ignore their comments, declarations or guidance coordinates.

Consider the most recent U.S. war with Iraq. According to then-president George W. Bush, the casus belli was the 9/11 terror attacks. The causal link between that event and our chosen enemy, Iraq, was, however, imperceptible to all but the most dedicated inside-the-Beltway intellectuals. Nineteen men had hijacked airplanes and flown them into the Pentagon and the World Trade Center -- 15 of them Saudi Arabians, none of them Iraqis -- and we went to war against? Iraq?
Barbara's Blog:
The Muslims next door!-tre-housing2.jpg 

Go Back   CityProfile.com Forum - Local City and State Discussion Forums > General Discussion > Religion / Philosophy
Bookmark this Page!

Suggested Threads

» Recent Threads
No Threads to Display.